over, anyway detoured over to Chatteris,March way so twice the
    journey time, our friends stayed with us in case of any more probs
    as my dearest was driving the chevy and I drove the camper,

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    yup had a great weekend , I think we were very lucky with the weather as I thought it was going to be a lot lot worse !!!!!!!!! was nice to see a field of cars that have been in the trimshop plus priced up 4 more cars while there this weekend without advertising .
    NSRA crew did a fantastic job again so roll on hot rod drags
    www.customcoachtrimming.co.uk www.trimshop.co.uk hot rod and custom interiors ......ring 01386 834454 for a quote on any simple repair to full build custom interior or email me [email][email protected]
    57 chevy interior https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z_qwE-LG_8

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi There Hot Rod Trimmer, we had something in commom ?, I still have a
    58 chevy brookwood, and you sold yours on I think, but we took the 55
    chevy sedan to show,Richard.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    yup wagon now lives in Holland ............. shame I sold it before this last weekend as it would of fitted in perfect with the surf theme
    Last edited by hot rod trimmer; 12-08-2019 at 11:27.
    www.customcoachtrimming.co.uk www.trimshop.co.uk hot rod and custom interiors ......ring 01386 834454 for a quote on any simple repair to full build custom interior or email me [email][email protected]
    57 chevy interior https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z_qwE-LG_8

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I too had to find my way home as the A1 was closed in one direction on the way home, but there was a sign pointing to A1 north & peterboro, about a couple of miles along the detour, so joined back on the A1 about a mile further up the A1 , had a great time there.....

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't work out so well for me
    Got there Thursday and pitched up, we have a largish tent with those blow up air beams instead of poles, Thursday evening the wife says that middle beam is going down and sure enough it was leaking were the valve bonds to the inner bladder, so we decided to swap it out with an end one, I bodged it as best I could with cling film gaffer tape and a cable tie which slowed it down a fair bit.
    By this time it was 11.30 so didn't make it over the marque.
    Friday was ok chatted with loads of old friends returning to pump up the leaking beam every couple of hours, after a great night over the marque we returned back with a mate for a nightcap and both ends of the tent were down so pumped up one end all fine went outside to do the one above our bed and probably due to my achohol consumpsion it went bang as I gave it maybe a bit to much ,all they heard inside was me go oh **** ! and when I got back inside the pair of them were rolling around ****ing themselves laughing.
    At around 2.30 we decided to turn in so pulled the bedding to the middle of the tent were the poles were still inflated, at around 5 am somthing smacked me in the face it was the roof of the tent as another beam had given up and as I opened my eyes all I could see was sky the bloody thing had ripped clean in half from one side to the other.
    So we just bundled everything in the Chevy and came home Saturday morning as we were homeless at Old Warden.
    It was hard enough to convince her indoors to tent it and think the chances of buying another tent are zero so our camping days are now over
    Without meaning to be disrespectfull but there are lots of homeless around were we live that live in tents all year round how the F**k do they get them to withstand the weather hats off to them as we could only manage 2 nights before we chucked in the towel.
    Kev

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry to here that Kev, we were going to come over and say hello
    and the next thing was you had gone, Rich and Sue.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's not good news, sorry to hear it spoiled your weekend . It's no good mate you are going to have to get that good lady of a nice caravan. Nice to meet up with you two and thanks for the 8%.

Supercharged 461 cu in prostreet70gto's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    "yella F100" If its any consolation I don't think there is anyone out there that hasn't had a bit of a **** time at some point. As sad as your story is it was funny to read. my mate ricky did a donut once outside all of our tents and loaded them with grass, I had hayfever from hell all night long that year. another year a load of late night ****heads decided to cut through our camp and all tripped over my guidelines until the tent came down. Once got to to field at ten pm only to find the tent poles were all snapped in half. I haven't camped at the supernats recently but this year went well until I had to leave over the FIFTEEN FEET HIGH SPEEDHUMPS and sawed through my trans cooler lines ****ing transfluid everywhere just as it began to rain. But in true hot-rodding style a mate had a jack, another had two jubilee clips, another had some trans fluid another had some rubber pipe and I got covered in **** fixing it in the ditch. but still drove it home. I will be back next year as normal. as they say **** HAPPENS.
    One word can say so much.....BLOWN

Official RnS Addict hotrod rick's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    my air tent stood up well, , shame you had to leave, paul burnhams lot had tent problems they ended up buying two new ones on friday.
    DRIVE IT LIKE STOLE IT,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information