Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: pallet courier

Official RnS Addict shorty's shaker's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

pallet courier

I'm trying to get a pallet courier from s64 0pu to ex2 7eq size 100x130x140 with pop front & rear axle 2 wheels & couple small bits but cant seem to find any good price couriers any recommendations please

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pallet ways?? I sent some real heavy stuff on a 46" x 40" pallet last week. About 48 quid
    I'm not the best welder in the world.... but I'm in the top 5!

American Truck importer v8.jimmy's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    *******s just robbed me for a pallet with front axle and springs on it, they measured it to 1.4m and charged me £97.30, usually about 50 to 60 quid.. It's supposed to be a quarter pallet at 50 to 60 and we always got away with it but they changed the haulier for this area and I guess they have a measuring tape, though I have no idea what the dimensions are supposed to be anyway.

I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi - std pallet is 1.2m X 1.0. Bit tight of them, especially if you're a regular customer, but 1.4m is overhanging & using up the next space on a truck (but only if it's actually filled to capacity)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

American Truck importer v8.jimmy's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cushti View Post
    Hi - std pallet is 1.2m X 1.0. Bit tight of them, especially if you're a regular customer, but 1.4m is overhanging & using up the next space on a truck (but only if it's actually filled to capacity)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    thanks for the figures, I know all about using other spaces, been in transport for 32 years, and ran 6 of my own when in my 20's, did UK and European for 10 years before giving up and moving onto tankers. It's just that they never bothered in the past, and the total height was only about 18 inches and not very heavy so easy to sit on top of another pallet that wasn't full height.
    This is why they did it in my opinion:
    My mate does this on my behalf, he's a regular customer, and Duncan Adams used to be the haulier for our area as he is also inside Grangemouth Docks, just like we are, so, we used to take the pallets round to his place on the van and save them collecting, and sometimes we would collect inbound pallets as well as my mate always asks for after 1pm as he does his internet stuff in the morning, then goes in and packs up what he has sold, so to make sure he doesn't miss the courier asks for after 1pm, but like I said would go and collect from Duncan Adams if needed.
    Now, our stuff is done by Dalkeith Transport who are 40 miles away, go figure!!!
    So, what happened this time; I bought an axle etc from F100Jay on here (I had previously sold him the truck) and we arranged collection on a Thursday to suit Jay. He came from a nightshift and sat in his unit all day waiting and the *******s never turned up. Jay phoned to see what was happening and I spoke to my mate. Well, just at that point a Dalkeith Transport driver turned up in my unit to COLLECT the pallet so it was obvious Jay wasn't getting a collection that day.
    So, matey spoke to them and they said they would collect it next day and they got told not to do that as Jay wasn't going to be in and the next possible day was 2 weeks ahead. They would not book it for 2 weeks ahead so matey was told to speak to them nearer the time.
    Guess what? Jay is in London next day and a ****ing courier turns up at his place and phones to say he is there......you couldn't make it up.
    Anyway it eventually does get collected on the nominated day a couple of weeks later but doesn't turn up at our yard. Matey phones and "it's on the way" That happened 3 times and then he got told it was HIS fault as he asks for post 1pm and they don't have a driver in our area at that time. It's taken them a month to tell him this or he would have revised his collections to suit them. So, on the Friday it comes out in a van on its own driven by the warehouse man. That took over 3 weeks from the originally planned collection day to delivery. It's about 400 miles, I could have taken a wheel barrow and walked down and up in that time.
    Last edited by v8.jimmy; 04-05-2016 at 07:37.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Worth giving these guys a go for a pallet delivery - https://palletonline.co.uk/

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lee , have you tried Parsons transport Exeter they have helped us loads at work with odd stuff , or I have used Paisley Freight for car parts

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    The thread you’re responding to is from 2016.....

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magman View Post
    The thread you’re responding to is from 2016.....
    ...and the ******* pallet still hasn't turned up.
    50 shades of grey primer....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information