Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Official RnS Addict Hot Rod Widow's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Paypal help please...

As a lot of you are aware my daughter sells magnets on ebay, well without going into anything it too long winded but some idiot is claiming her copywrite. He reckons its his, together with her watermark!

She needs to search paypal to see how many she sold and when, can anyone help please

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict insanityvans's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rod Widow View Post
    As a lot of you are aware my daughter sells magnets on ebay, well without going into anything it too long winded but some idiot is claiming her copywrite. He reckons its his, together with her watermark!

She needs to search paypal to see how many she sold and when, can anyone help please

Thanks
    Ebay should be able to help with that. If you haven't deleted them you can look back 60 dyas yourself to see what you've sold, but beyond that it will probably be asking ebay for more info.

Just looked at paypal for you (on my account!) If you go to the top of your transactions you can put 2 dates in and see what you have sold in that time (or rather, what moeny you have had come in) I put 25 march 2011 to 25 march 2013 (2 years) and it worked!

pm if I can help you with that.
    Creator of fine sawdust from solid wood!

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thanks for that, it does dates, but what she needs is she sold a certain item as in a magnet with a penquin on, now she needs to know how many she sold since she listed it last year.. Does that make sense please?

Official RnS Addict insanityvans's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    The paypal info i gave you gives her a complete list of every bit of money she has had come into the paypal account. If you look along the lines, it says 'details'. If you click on details, it tells you what the item was that was sold. You may have to go to each one, but that will give you the info you need.
    Creator of fine sawdust from solid wood!

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    insanity vans is right.It's a bit longwinded.
    It may be worth her starting to keep an inventory spreadsheet. it's boring but invaluable at times like this
    What about a stocktake to see how many she has sold

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please don't be offended by my asking but, have you checked that this fella does in fact have the copywright?

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    So many idiots on eBay and know ov many who have been ripped off there,, I'd be telling him or her to go do one,, big respect thou looking out for ya daughter, I'd only do the same !! Good luck let us know outcome..

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by insanityvans View Post
    The paypal info i gave you gives her a complete list of every bit of money she has had come into the paypal account. If you look along the lines, it says 'details'. If you click on details, it tells you what the item was that was sold. You may have to go to each one, but that will give you the info you need.
    She has been onto paypal and they actually replied .. the actual information she needs is just for one item over a year , she tested this quickly and it seems to have worked.

Select 'Download History' from the History Link
    Click 'Customise My History Download'
    fields that pertain to your business needs

So thanks Chaz for helping and putting her on the right lines
    Click 'Download History'

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DjNeil View Post
    insanity vans is right.It's a bit longwinded.
    It may be worth her starting to keep an inventory spreadsheet. it's boring but invaluable at times like this
    What about a stocktake to see how many she has sold
    Hi, you are right about an inventory, but its a time factor on the small amount she sells, although like you say can be invaluable, this is only the 2nd time in 6 years she needed it. Stocktake is no good as printed to order, but thanks for your suggestions

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by magseller View Post
    Please don't be offended by my asking but, have you checked that this fella does in fact have the copywright?
    Graeme, well here is the funny story not funny but as in pathetic, gets a email late Sunday night, badly written, as in lower and upper case in the wrong place etc, now like I have taught the children not everyone is litterate so ignores all that. They threaten her with court etc VeRo and everything else, so she replies she sorry and will delete the item. Ok, but then she sitting there thinking and says you know what I didnt copy that one, I designed it, she really good at designing and she studying advertising at Uni, so she a real keen eye. She draws and adapts a lot, not got her talent from me .. Anyway to continue the story, she really annoyed about it and upset, she googles the item, and finds it on Amazon, complete with her watermark on it, so it definately hers. She then emails his representative she thinks back and says if your copywrite then how comes you displaying and selling my design complete with my watermark on on Amazon. She then says to them if you demanding £500 from me and 50p an item then I will do same, as on Amazon he has put designed by and his name. Monday morning gets two mails back, one is that he would have fogotten all about it had she not threatened him! and the other to say he spoke to his solicitor and he taking her to court. He also says he suplied the image which is similar to Amazon. So she asks him for his phone number to discuss rather than them both pay a solicitor, not that she would. He dont reply. She then looks on Amazon and he changed the image. .. Now in her mind if he right why would he change the image. She phones Amazon and explains the situation they want to escalate the situation as they can see he changed it. She says atm I am busy writing an essay for my future do I need to bother with all this, not really. Anyway this morning finds her image again on Ebay, complete with the watermark in his "me" page. She phones Ebay, and apparently he no right to site VeRo there is nothing he can do. VeRo mostly deals with big companies like designers, and if they spot something that is stolen from them they have to follow procedure by going through EBay who then investigates it. The guy on the phone says it doesn't seem legit that he hasn't contacted ebay, he's done it through emails which is the equivalent of our next door neighbor knocking on the door saying we done something outside their door so they're going to sue us.
    The guy on the phone said he's seen it before where people have done this just so that their rivals take items off of Ebay. However he says that if the guy wants to sue us he can, it's outside of Ebay, so they can't control that. But the situation doesn't seem legit to the guy because of the way he's gone about it (not informing the proper people and trying to take care of it personally). Apparently if he did have a case it wouldn't come under copyright anyway, as it's an image under question.
    He said that if anything more comes of it we can contact ebay and report the guy, they would then be able to look into it further and analyze all the information e.g when the items were listed e.t.c but until we actually get a letter through the door he says that there's no point worrying over it or looking into it more.

So she now happier and gone back to doing her essay which is far more important, proud mum as she got an A in the last one ...

Thought this would interest some as Graeme asked sorry if any of you are bored

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information