Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Official RnS Addict Hot Rod Widow's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yankydude (carlos) View Post
    So many idiots on eBay and know ov many who have been ripped off there,, I'd be telling him or her to go do one,, big respect thou looking out for ya daughter, I'd only do the same !! Good luck let us know outcome..
    Its fine to say to someone go do one, when they have your address and she only young and got more important things to do, many on here have met her and she something to be proud of, hope you daughter grows up to be the same. My children are my world and we are very close, hopefully there will be no outcome, thanks for taking the time and trouble to reply

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict insanityvans's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rod Widow View Post
    Its fine to say to someone go do one, when they have your address and she only young and got more important things to do, many on here have met her and she something to be proud of, hope you daughter grows up to be the same. My children are my world and we are very close, hopefully there will be no outcome, thanks for taking the time and trouble to reply
    It can be intimidating but sometimes it's worth calling their bluff! If they are in the right, you can always back down after the first solicitors letter to you. Doesn't cost you a penny!!

Still, rather than all that crap, I'm glad it's sorted and she's not worrying about it!
    Creator of fine sawdust from solid wood!

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by insanityvans View Post
    It can be intimidating but sometimes it's worth calling their bluff! If they are in the right, you can always back down after the first solicitors letter to you. Doesn't cost you a penny!!

Still, rather than all that crap, I'm glad it's sorted and she's not worrying about it!
    Chaz, the silly thing is .. ok they thought that she was using their original image but its a penquin in the antartic I am sure there are lots, as both people, the source of hers and them thought they owned it .. but if you thought you owned something would you literally copy someone elses image together with the watermark over it and then put it on your auction! most weird ... As far as a solicitor letter she now decided she going to court if necessary to claim damages from them if they take her to court.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good!! I'm glad to hear that Jane.
    If I wasn't meant to go that fast, the pedal would only go half way!

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    If it local to any of you, then I will let you know, worth a r and s meet .. that would scare them ..

Official RnS Addict insanityvans's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rod Widow View Post
    Chaz, the silly thing is .. ok they thought that she was using their original image but its a penquin in the antartic I am sure there are lots, as both people, the source of hers and them thought they owned it .. but if you thought you owned something would you literally copy someone elses image together with the watermark over it and then put it on your auction! most weird ... As far as a solicitor letter she now decided she going to court if necessary to claim damages from them if they take her to court.
    Good for her. IF, and it is a 'KIN BIG 'if' they decide to sue, it will have to be through a small claims court and they will have to pay up front for that. You will get the chance then to counter claim. I did it once and won.
    I would really, really doubt that nayhting will come of this......I know it's a worry, but he is just 'sabre rattling'!
    Creator of fine sawdust from solid wood!

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just seen your reply to my earlier question. Thanks for taking the time to expain the background.
    As everyone else is saying, this is a scam.
    Although it is an irritation and a worry just because this 'merchant' has selected your daughter
    to have a go at, you've both done your homework and HE is the one who is now on the defensive
    because he knows you've rumbled him. well done to you both.
    Inbetween essays,your daughter might enjoy relaxing by telling him what is going to happen next !

Semi Proffessional Prat sidspop's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by magseller View Post
    Inbetween essays,your daughter might enjoy relaxing by telling him what is going to happen next !
    Or maybe your daughter should design him a (copywrited) Penguin, all for him. Maybe with a large penis in the middle of his forehead.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldnt worry about it,it really sounds like a scammer chancing his arm,theres more and more morons on ebay these days,,3 times in the last couple of months,I sold 99p auctions,no payment, but immediate feedback from them saying "fantastic item,fast delivery,great packaging" etc,all from people with 0-10 feedback,,obviously some sellers give feedback once the item is bought,,these people are hoping Id do the same,so they can build up positive score,the more feedback they have,the more chance they can fool a buyer when the start scamming.Ebay have closed two of these accounts since then.Anyway,Im going off on one there lol ,back to your daughters situation,tell her not to worry and carry on,if the image is hers,and she can prove it,let them get a solicitor to send her a letter..I bet they wont.Its just some dumb dumb trying it on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information