Likes Likes:  116
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Pendine racing

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    From the VHRA info :

"Free Spectating - no ticket required

Outside of the pits it’s free to come and spectate. The view of the race cars is fantastic and you you can wander down the beach to see the cars at speed. There is a fee of £4 per car payable on the day which will allow you to park on the hallowed beach in your car. No pre-booking is required, you do not need to be a member and there is no limit on numbers. This will not permit you to enter the pit or race areas, but there is plenty of time to get up close to the cars either side of racing. Dogs on leads are welcome."
    Last edited by DesP; 17-06-2019 at 16:43.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups....

2. LikesHotrodfil liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    This year general public had several chances to view cars apart from them all being in the camps and along the roads when not racing, Friday was a perfect time to view the cars in the smaller top carpark during the scrutineering this was from 11am till 10pm. Also each day prior to racing cars queued on the beach for an hour whilst the pits area and track was erected and inspected. I realise this was early but tides dictate this. Also there was a run back track marked out which ran along side the general public barrier so cars were within probably only 6 feet from the people who came round, this is in some way is a parade of 120 plus cars going past at around 5 miles per hour all day, got to be better than looking at a stationary car that's not running. Then the final run back can be viewed close up as the racers leave the beach.
    All the restrictions which some people feel are unfair are applied on the VHRA by others not something they have just thrown together and this ensures everyone coming to the event remains in a safe location. The VHRA does not financially gain from revenue created in the village and puts on an event and does not charge general public to come and hopefully enjoy which is in my view a great thing.
    I have never been to any car event that you get in free, I realise this is quite a quite unique style of racing and not for everyone, but people like different things and that's why we have so many forms of customised cars and different forms of racing and hopefully by pulling together all these will be around for for a long time.
    I don't see any gain in slagging other car events off when they are not doing any harm to anyone, there would have been lots of satisfied people and most of these are repeat visitors.
    The VHRA are also actively working with the council to promote the growth of the village and the return of the museum in its new form what a GREAT CLUB WITH A BIG HEART

I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hats off to them! Great to see a photo from Pendine a few pages into the Daily Telegraph this morning. What a profile boost for the hobby!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. LikesVHRA, WagonMan liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    what hasn't been mentioned due to an early tide and start, we were asked to get to the pits for 7am, for set up, and 8am for the start of racing, a lot earlier than in some previous years.

8. LikesVHRA, WagonMan liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wakesupremo View Post
    i travelled 8 hours with my family to go to the first VHRA Pendine races years ago. I thought the VHRA 'officials' were all a bunch of stuck up their own arses ****ers. Not one of them could be bothered with the public as if we were mere mortals. Never been back and never intend to. even the VHRA at santa pod last year, a few of the owners/drivers would have a chat but the main officers walked around as if they owned the place.
    you obviously don't know any of them personally, or else you would know that's not the case, those guys are dead on their feet by the end of the weekend, with the amount of work that goes in to running the event, they were probably just to busy to have a meet and greet with the general public.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    i travelled 8 hours with my family to go to the first VHRA Pendine races years ago. I thought the VHRA 'officials' were all a bunch of stuck up their own arses ****ers. Not one of them could be bothered with the public as if we were mere mortals. Never been back and never intend to. even the VHRA at santa pod last year, a few of the owners/drivers would have a chat but the main officers walked around as if they owned the place.
    I’ll dismiss your petty personal attack, you know yourself it’s completely unfounded. However, if you hated the first event at Pendine that much, why did you post these messages on here in 2013? It seems you were happy enough to compliment the event at least three times back then?

Well done Neil and the VHRA for a fantastic event. We were so lucky with the weather. We had the best view available from up on the grass bank. Thanks for doing it and well done to all the participants for throwing themselves right into the event. Superb.
    Very good write up Bryn. We were perched up on the bank next to you when you took some of the pictures from possibly the best vantage point of the day. A brilliant weekend was had and , hopefully, will be done again.
    You're not wrong there. 5 hours it took us and £12.40 to get across the severn bridge in my truck. Still worth the effort though.

11. LikesWagonMan, Mikey, scratch, 55zephyr, 35kid liked this post
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gasser41 has pretty much nailed it a few posts up, that's just about how it all went down this year.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I went a few years back and loved it!
    The safety fence around pits is the right thing as it was busy!! There were a whole bunch of cars parked on the beach too.
    I came away thinking what a crazy bunch of enthusiasts living for the day, some in period dress - I was chuffed to be able to look on.

Old pics...

"I'm not going to take this defeatist attitude and listen to all this crap any more from all these people who have nothing except doomsday to predict."
    Carroll Shelby

14. LikesVHRA, 35kid liked this post
    Cock
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by evilzee28 View Post

Quite why they didn't park the cars on the beach for the public to view them....
    The tide turned at 5.30 am. We were on the beach by 6.30am and the cars were parked on the beach for anyone to see until the pit area was built. Time and tide wait for no man. We're ruled by the moon and Pendine Council when we can race - which is the only reason we were there.

16. LikesWagonMan, orange, VHRA, redoxide liked this post
    Official RnS Addict wakesupremo's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VHRA View Post
    I’ll dismiss your petty personal attack, you know yourself it’s completely unfounded. However, if you hated the first event at Pendine that much, why did you post these messages on here in 2013? It seems you were happy enough to compliment the event at least three times back then?
    I have never said that I hated the event. In fact I will still say that I loved the event. Its the attitude of the officials that needs some serious consideration. A lot of the owners/drivers. are very pleasant people. its purely the fact that the main officers of the VHRA don't seem to want anyone else involved in their hobby. Even buying a T shirt seemed as if the public were being too much trouble.
    If it's got tits or tyres, its gonna be trouble

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information