Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

the police can be so annoying....

so a couple a years back I bought an old mid terrace to do up, it was a wreck, much like the cars I buy from time to time, anyway, really small, back yard & low fence, so put up a nice new one, cost over £500, looked good, so a year later, the owner of the terrace next door, cuts the fence down that's between mine & his & moves it over a few feet , cuts the height & stains it to match his fence, not impressed police say you need to prove its your land before you can move it back, so solicitor, land registry, deeds, chartered surveyor, all say its mine and now over a grand spent, letter sent telling the guy to move it back or I will in 14 days, the guy then put up camera's so he knows when I go to move it, the police now say if I move my fence that's on my land i'll be arrested for breach of the peace.....
    so annoying...other guy don't need to prove a thing ...
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    **** him, move it. if he comes out and starts ignore him. if he gets loud call the police and tell them you're putting up a fence on your boundary and the neighbour is causing a fuss. again ignore him and even get someone with a camera phone ready to film him just in case during the whole job.
    neil.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    the police said its me that will be arrested as if I don't move it there would be no preach of the peace, I also asked about the fence being cut & damaged, they said as its still a fence its not damage...???

crime does seem to pay, trying to do things legal just costs & gets you no where..

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    so if someone smashes your car with a hammer it's not damaged as it's still a car, they're talking ********. you sure the copper you spoke to doesn't know your neighbour? and as for moving your own fence on your own property being a breach of the peace get a solicitors letter (i know it's money) pointing out the legalities of doing the job to give the police if they turn up to arrest you.
    scratch that go to the police station and record (film) them telling you what you've said here. or even call a national newspaper, they love stuff like this.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    or have a look here and put in a complaint https://www.google.com/search?q=poli...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tell them you identify as a women and your neighbour is committing a transphobic hate crime.
    50 shades of grey primer....

8. Likesstu460, kapri liked this post
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    i did say that if I were to key a car & leave a deep scratch, then that's not damage as its still a usable car, the police officer said that's not the same & is damage???
    the police don't get involved with where the boundary is just breach of the peace, so no matter how much I have to prove its mine, they are not interested, so if you want to move a boundary, that's not illegal, and you wont have to prove anything, but the owner of the land will.... british justice at its best!! the surveyor called it land theft & said its something the police don't take seriously, yet its £1000's in value, yet if you nick a yorkie bar from poundland you would get in trouble with the police..

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have a bonfire next to it.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    On a serious note put a new fence up in the correct position leaving his fence on your land. No damage, no breach of the peace.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie Austin Martin's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Had a boundary issue with a neighbour , police said not interested as it is a "civil tort" basically a cop out for we don't understand such things so we wont get involved; if you have paperwork proving beyond doubt that the land is yours, then serve him with a legal writ to remove his fence, by a certain date after which you will do the job; GSI (get someone in) to do that as the police wont know who to nick, and wont get involved) do not damage his fence, is it is still his property, albeit (love that word) on your land
    Just a passer by as you might say.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in