Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  7
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just go round and beat the **** out of him.

2. LikesEnglish Impala liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...with a piece of the fence...

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Had a boundary dispute with my neighbor , they basically put a fence in my garden the other side of a thick hedge which was the official boundary in total the tried to steal a strip 2 metres wide by 25 metres long to enable them to build on the side of their house
    I started to remove the fence and they called the police , the police said as long as i return it to them undamaged that was ok and they would not get involved
    On another occasion they widened their entrance taking a large chunk of my land filling it with concrete , i got home from work , grabbed a shovel and had to dig out the wet concrete which i pilled up against their gate, needless to say it set LMFAO when they returned home and could not open their gates

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpopracing View Post
    Just go round and beat the **** out of him.
    That would have been my go to response a few years back .I've seen how these boundary disputes can escalate via the courts and become mega expensive . Now I'd pay someone else to go round and beat him up, money well spent.

Had the **** who lives over the back of me ( at the back of my garage ) trying to claim the spare land I had to leave so as to not undermine his garage . Luckily I herad him trying to remove the spare roof tiles I had stored round there . Got onto my roof to confirm and told him to put the fence back up and **** off . He said he thought it was his land ( I built the garage when there was a different owner ) . Next day I took a Google Earth shot of my land prior to the garage being built round to him and told him that WAS the end of it unless he persisted. He moved instead

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    the chartered surveyor said those trying to steal land try anything to get what they want for free, he has told the police i'm harassing him by letter, 3 letters saying to remove the fence and deeds to show this,no reply to any then police ring saying he will not read anything I write only from a solicitor, now he has that he takes no notice as that costs money , he has sold the house now, just needs to complete, but has not told the new buyers so now there is a sign in the window of my house saying there is a dispute, he has told the police he wants this removed, more calls from police, all for something he wants but is not his....

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm amazed that the police are even looking into this, round here we just get given a crime number!

Grown up? Never!
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he hasn’t told the would be new owner that there is a dispute he is braking the law and the new owner could and I would love to think will sue him for damages and costs once they find out what the score is. As long as you are doing things be the book and it sounds like you are that’s all good, But if the disputed land is enough to mean the new folks wouldn’t buy it without it I’d look at telling the estate agent what is happening as once they’ve moved in they are going to hate you.

Chaley
    And on the 6th day Man created god.
    Tetanus

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kapri View Post
    That would have been my go to response a few years back .I've seen how these boundary disputes can escalate via the courts and become mega expensive . Now I'd pay someone else to go round and beat him up, money well spent.
    Yes, quite so, sage advice.

Grown up? Never!
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    This time tomorrow…

https://youtu.be/4iOAMcBq3AQ

Chaley
    And on the 6th day Man created god.
    Tetanus

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Austin Martin has it. Boundary disputes are civil cases; breaches of the peace are criminal. Tort is a civil wrong. Therefore, police don't want to know while it's just the former, as this (ultimately) would have to be dealt with by a solicitor. The trick, if at all possible, is to sort it out amicably. Border disputes can be notoriously difficult to sort as deeds etc are not detailed enough to show borders within a few feet. He's contractually bound (civil) to say if there's a border dispute, as it's quite likely to put the kybosh on the sale. Would you buy while this is hanging over the sale?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information