Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Grille, wheels, f/r bumpers not quite in keeping with rest of the car - fabric choice a little 'utilarian' perhaps? nice lines though!
    Carburation suck'shttps://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/customavatars/avatar199184_4.gif

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    good man Nigel...............half those cars I've never heard of, so looked 'em up, here's a pretty wild Delahaye........

Bella Figura Coupe Delahaye Widescreen Exotic Car Pictures #06 of 18 : Diesel Station

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah..............that seat fabric is out of a fiesta! I guess he was tryin to go 'restomod' but I think the boring ol' leather would have helped echo the classy stylish theme

Forum Sponsor RAYS CLASSICS.COM's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    its a pretty car but to me it looks like aTalbot Lago delahaye and a few other Art Deco type falachi bodied cars from that era certainly does,nt look American to me .

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I looked up the Talbot Lago..................great body, but above the waistline, Jeez as one of the discerning members of our royal family once said...........what a 'hideous carbunkle', they must have sold 100 convertibles to every 1 hardtop!!

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I saw the title of this thread, I thought I was going to see a picture of a '59 Cadillac. That, for me, is the most beautiful American car ever made. Then a chopped '32 three window. So to sum up; what WagonMan said.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie Austin Martin's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously nice car built by Marcels, trimmed by Ron Mangus, painted by Charlie Hutton; finance available from the world bank.....does anyone else look at the back view and think Marcos?

To be the most beautiful "American" car, doesn't it need to be a production vehicle? if I designed and built a car it wouldn't be a "British" car just a car some Brit geezer cobbled together!
    Just a passer by as you might say.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I can't deny a 58/9 Cad is an iconic car (perhaps a 57 belair on steroids!!) but does it have grace, style n panache in spades?? it certainly has style (but I wouldn't say grace) Anyway, here is a very nice one!!

https://www.volocars.com/vehicles/15...-coupe-deville

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are all wrong - the most beautiful American car is the 1957 Plymouth Belvedere Sport Coupe.
    In 1957 I opened the Daily Express Motor Show magazine and saw this photo. As a nine year old schoolboy I thought her body was the epitome of loveliness, not the model, but the car. I still have that actual photo from the magazine, and I still think that car is perfect in every way....nothing I have seen in the following 63 years comes even close. You can keep your Ferraris, muscle cars or custom builds, this is the one for me.
    Note: it’s not the garish ‘Christine’ Fury, has to be the Belvedere.

Last edited by Volksron; 02-09-2020 at 10:25.
    ...old enough to know better !!

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Volksron View Post
    You are all wrong - the most beautiful American car is the 1957 Plymouth Belvedere Sport Coupe.
    In 1957 I opened the Daily Express Motor Show magazine and saw this photo. As a nine year old schoolboy I thought her body was the epitome of loveliness, not the model, but the car. I still have that actual photo from the magazine, and I still think that car is perfect in every way....nothing I have seen in the following 63 years comes even close. You can keep your Ferraris, muscle cars or custom builds, this is the one for me.
    Note: it’s not the garish ‘Christine’ Fury, has to be the Belvedere.

Mid/late 60's my mother picked up a stack of American car magazines from a local Jumble sale (remember those - early version of a boot sale, held indoors in a church hall - no dodgy traders, fake and stolen tools or iffy food)
    Mags (if I remember) were dated early 60's and a mix of Hot Rod and perhaps Car Craft or similar magazines - long since thrown away. One readers car feature in the back pages was a b/w 2 x 3 image of a custom '57 Plymouth coupe.
    I seem to remember that the fins and roof were not touched. However the lower body had been sectioned by about 3 or 4 inches and additionally has been seriously channeled over the cars frame. I cut the photo out of the magazine and kept it for many years and I even very nearly purchased a 4 door Belvedere with s/v 6 banger. This was and ex-Belgian Taxi. This was late 60's and the car was £80. Insurance was £100. This was before Norwich Union started offering insurance for classic cars. Fortunately I didn't buy that. A C3 Corvette is 48" tall. A GT40 is 40" tall. Stock Plymouth is 54" tall, The image of this sectioned and lowered Plymouth showed the owner and builder towering above the car - I recon it must have been 46" tall. Fantastic proportions that I'll always remember!
    Not the car (Its a Chrysler) but from the period and very similar except for sectioned body.

Carburation suck'shttps://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/customavatars/avatar199184_4.gif

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information