Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Forum Sponsor RAYS CLASSICS.COM's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with you the belvederes were and still are a good looking car , I love the look of this Chrysler so simple and smooth looking , I see a 57 cad four door in the driveway and cant quite see what's in the garage but looking at the surrounding houses , I,d say this was sometime in the early sixties , on a similar note to you're experience , I remember going to the earls court motor show in 1960 with my dad who at the time was a motor trader all I wanted to see was all the American car stands , when we got to the caddy stand there was a silver convert going round on a carousel love at first site ! fast forward to 1971 stopping in a petrol station in dover on the way to my girlfriends house (now the wife) there was the same caddy sitting alongside the work shop still in pretty nice shape tried to buy it for several yrs never could get them to part with it and it never turned a wheel but I did buy a 65 mustang fastback from them for 450 quid and drove it every day for ages until I sold it to a mate also in dover for 650 quid , the girlfriends dad also worked the pumps at night which is why I,d stop in on the way to the house for a top up on the house !

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another Vote for the 57 Belvedere (or Fury I'm not fussy) otherwise it's the 64 Thunderbird...

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have had to opt for other classics, because over the years : finances, the wife, job, availability and garage space has prevented my from buying a dream Belvedere, - but sometimes a dream should remain a dream.
    ...old enough to know better !!

I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's be honest, thank God for the American car industry from the thirties through to the 70's..............the car world would be a very boring, ugly place without their efforts, imagine a world crammed with BMW's Merc's n Audi's n Porsche's..................no thank you!!!

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RAYS CLASSICS.COM View Post
    I agree with you the belvederes were and still are a good looking car , I love the look of this Chrysler so simple and smooth looking , I see a 57 cad four door in the driveway and cant quite see what's in the garage but looking at the surrounding houses , I,d say this was sometime in the early sixties , on a similar note to you're experience , I remember going to the earls court motor show in 1960 with my dad who at the time was a motor trader all I wanted to see was all the American car stands , when we got to the caddy stand there was a silver convert going round on a carousel love at first site ! fast forward to 1971 stopping in a petrol station in dover on the way to my girlfriends house (now the wife) there was the same caddy sitting alongside the work shop still in pretty nice shape tried to buy it for several yrs never could get them to part with it and it never turned a wheel but I did buy a 65 mustang fastback from them for 450 quid and drove it every day for ages until I sold it to a mate also in dover for 650 quid , the girlfriends dad also worked the pumps at night which is why I,d stop in on the way to the house for a top up on the house !
    Some here from that period too Ray..........Featured Stories - Kustomrama
    Carburation suck'shttps://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/customavatars/avatar199184_4.gif

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information