Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Rock Around/Forward/Back The Clock

Just for a bit of a giggle really but; I thought I heard on the Wireless today something about leaving the clocks at the 'Summertime' setting. (I may have misheard though) If there ever was a proper debate though, would you rather them leave things as they are ie Forward/Back/Forward adinfinitem or, leave them in the 'Summertime' setting for ever and ever? My vote would be 'Leave'. I'll rephrase that as it sounds a bit like another debate that's going on at the moment; I'd vote to stay in the 'Summertime' setting.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    permanently halfway between the two would surely give the best of both?
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mygasser View Post
    permanently halfway between the two would surely give the best of both?
    Thats a refreshing good idea that makes sense, half hour either way would barely be noticable to anybody.

Only snag its far to simple to ever get the nod by our ****wit polititions they would need a thousand debates and **** load of voting and still won't decide on anything.
    Kev

American Truck importer v8.jimmy's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    up here, knocking the clock back an hour for winter means that it's as light as it's gonna be for kids walking to school and still light(ish) when they finish school. Quite important up here where in the winter it barley gets light and in the summer it barely gets dark lol. Last summer with the good weather I was driving about at 10pm with no lights on and still needing sunglasses lol.
    This pic taken at about 10pm one sunny evening. Note the top is still down on the wife's Merc and see how light that sky is.....

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by v8.jimmy View Post
    up here, knocking the clock back an hour for winter means that it's as light as it's gonna be for kids walking to school and still light(ish) when they finish school. Quite important up here where in the winter it barley gets light and in the summer it barely gets dark lol. Last summer with the good weather I was driving about at 10pm with no lights on and still needing sunglasses lol.
    This pic taken at about 10pm one sunny evening. Note the top is still down on the wife's Merc and see how light that sky is.....
    Are you sure about that Jim, I was up at Inverkip last December on a job and stupidly told the boatyard that I would be there at 9.00, it was still fkn dark at half past ten.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Are you sure about that Jim, I was up at Inverkip last December on a job and stupidly told the boatyard that I would be there at 9.00, it was still fkn dark at half past ten.
    LOL, like I said, sometimes it never gets light Joe, need to eat plenty carrots

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    saw one on facebook where he said he was turning his clock back to 1940.... to when Britain had balls!

9. Likesmygasser liked this post
    Forum Sponsor RAYS CLASSICS.COM's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Jim you sure that pictures not Alaska mate , I was there recently it was hard to tell whether it was night or day it was daylight for so long , love the little pickup , not normally a camper shell lover but looks proper on that . RAY A

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks Ray, yeah, an elderly gentleman owned that truck for many years (maybe even the original owner) and used it for fishing and camping trips, but he's now in his '80s and decided to give up the trips and let the truck go. I don't like camper shells either but I left the shell on it for that reason, it's as he left it... Here's a laugh for you, I listed a couple of tops for sale recently and a guy was all over one of them, but eventually had to withdraw as his wife pointed out that he had nowhere to keep it ...... I suggested on the back of his truck lol...

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by v8.jimmy View Post
    LOL, like I said, sometimes it never gets light Joe, need to eat plenty carrots
    And when you go up there in late May/early June it's still bloody light at 2 in the morning and you can't get to sleep. No wonder you jocks spend all the time drinking whiskey eating haggis and inventing stuf!

And that is a cool looking truck

13. Likesv8.jimmy liked this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information