Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowtr3 View Post
    it is nice to see a no drama car show.
    funny thing is they are located right here in my home town of Temecula.
    but what i really want is a show that is a lot more involved in how the build is done rather than the fluff of "back stories".
    like a lot of shows i dont get how they make a living.
    to live comfortably in temecula and by that i mean you have a house and mortgage and middle class expenses, you need to be making around 80,000 a year.
    the sale and trade of those cars split 4 ways isnt doing it.

but hey..its a tv show.

check out ant anstead solo show
    i guess like most of the tv shows they get paid by the tv company too, which ups their income a bit to counter how much more slowly the filming makes them work.
    neil.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Welding Guru
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Its not a bad watch and the format i quite like (trade up from all kinds of angles)
    What i am not a fan of is the quality. They have shelled out for a waterjet but dont seem to have much other kit for fabrication. They are chopping up box section with a chopsaw and do all the welding on the floor. I would expect a shop that charges that much for finished cars would have a bit more kit to do a neater job of the fabrication. (look at the welds on the exo skeleton on the smart car, they havent even tried to grind them up to make them look presentable and paint enhances how bad they are)
    I bet plenty of guys on here have better fabrication kit and skills than his shop and produce better quality work.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Had to sigh when the first one I watched had a fake accident to the project car, hit whilst parked by a recovery truck, no mention of an insurance claim, just had a bit of a moan and wrote it off as a total loss to the business, just like the real world then!

Have to agree the standard of work and equipment isn't up to much, maybe all the big tool brand sponsors have been bled dry by all the more 'professional' programs.
    Whirrr whirrr chuff chuff de chuff........chuff......BRUMMMM!

My Chevy thread: https://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/sho...y-coach-403745
    Rugged Robin 2/3rd track: https://www.facebook.com/Rugged.Robin.tracked/

5. Likeschrisb, Dusty liked this post
    Official RnS Addict legendlives's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a fan of Iron Resurrection. No fluff car show which is largely just down to the build with a bit of parts searching thrown in.
    Joe Martin is the main guy. His wife is easy on the eye as well!

Official RnS Addict choppedblownpop's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by legendlives View Post
    I'm a fan of Iron Resurrection. No fluff car show which is largely just down to the build with a bit of parts searching thrown in.
    Joe Martin is the main guy. His wife is easy on the eye as well!
    I’m sure Joe Martin once won biker build off

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some shows must get nicely sponsored by tv channels with global audiences there must be piles of cash streaming in. Hell even that faceache dork is worth billions.

I look at non feature cars in shop background and fast n loud seem to now have a lot of bread n butter work going on.
    "We should take comfort that while we may have more still to endure, better days will return: we will be with our friends again; we will be with our families again; we will meet again."

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kustom Jim View Post
    Some shows must get nicely sponsored by tv channels with global audiences there must be piles of cash streaming in. Hell even that faceache dork is worth billions.

I look at non feature cars in shop background and fast n loud seem to now have a lot of bread n butter work going on.
    I could be wrong but the gas monkey garage is just a tv garage.loads of posts online from fans turning up there unanouced and no one is there. because of this I believe they now have a retail shop there.

once on tv,their merchandise is where the money is.gmg must be worth tens of millions a year.you can even buy their t shirts in local shops around here.he built a brand and it payed off big time.

when orange county choppers were at their peak,sales were something like 40 million a year.

kindigit aside,some of the fabrication work in the tv shops is quite basic and crude,yet other stuff seams top notch.must depend who,s working on what car.

as mentioned a lot of them have top notch machinery,yet seam to resort to cutting stuff by hand.i cant remember the last time I cut say a bracket by hand,in fact it costs more to do it by hand,than letting a machine do.

see martin bros in last series hired quite a few new staff,yet they didn't really build anything of significance. back to trying to make to many programs out of too little work.

did watch a trailer of the show first talked about.buying and flipping rods. don't see that if youre ploughing thousands into them and doing the work as well
    Rod/custom/drag build profiles:
    Mini | Pop | Porker | Trike | Morris 8

| 48 chevy coupe | ford f100 | tube chassis,d pop

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    A TV series based on Wayne and his builds, now that would be a must see!!

11. LikesTorment liked this post
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie Austin Martin's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gas monkey garage now in it's final series (according to the Discovery hype) Misfit garage disappeared without trace (thankfully) agree that Joe Martin whilst obviously a talented guy, didn't do as much himself in the last series, and nothing of note either; Amanda seems to have spent some of the discovery money on boobies which is fine by me....as for Ant Anstead, I cant think of anything less believable, other than maybe Trump Garage.....
    Just a passer by as you might say.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ant Anstead is actually a mechanic/designer of sorts although he does now live in the US so will probably end up like all the others...

https://www.influx.co.uk/people/ant-anstead/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information