Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Saxophone

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haha...yep, it's a great site this is! As a guitar player, you'd assume everyone who covered it would want it in concert E. However, when your on the end of a Tenor Sax, you'd (I'd) need it in a more betterer key. A bit like Chuck Berry's 'Johnathon Behave Yourself' Thats in B. What that all about? And..have a butchers, or rather listen to the rhythm section. Some of them swing it and some 4/4 it. I'm not knocking it of course, just saying. Years ago, when I had my first Sax, I recorded the guitar parts on my 1956 reel to reel tape recorder then played the sax parts over that but, for some reason I can't do that anymore. I suppose one of the main reasons being I don't have the 1956 reel to reel tape recorder as I sold it in 1991 to buy a bag of coal and a Twix.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie Austin Martin's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    "some reason I can't do that anymore. I suppose one of the main reasons being I don't have the 1956 reel to reel tape recorder as I sold it"

I think you might be on to something!

Chuck's JBG (tonight) was in B supposedly because of his piano player that he worked with in the early years; the opening riff features in a tune some years earlier by a pianist; (who's name escapes me) heard it on ewe tube years ago!

Everything should be in either E or A except ballads which need to be in D minor (saddest of all the keys) and don't be tempted away from the dots (there be dragons!)
    Just a passer by as you might say.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes but....the coal tasted horrible and the Twix didn't give off a lot of heat as well too also for this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information