Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Scrappage victim, Blazer 6.2 diesel parts

guy near me that collects the scrappage vehicles has a running/driving full size Blazer he will sell parts off.

It's in Bovingdon, Herts, can supply the number to anyone interested. it wont be there long.

This isnt a trade ad and the vehicle is nothing to do with me!
    Looking for a 50s car, Cadillac, Buick, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Chevy, cash waiting. Message me or call 07836 349356

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Cannibals c.c
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought you were'nt supposed to sell stuff off a scrappage vehicle? Aint it supposed to be fully MOT'ed when scrapped?

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I belive it does need an MOT among other stuff but when scrappeged its served and end of life cert and then its goes to the scap yard and its recyled ( broke up and bits sold off) as a car it cant be put back on the road, but its bits and bobs can be. That how I under stand it.
    Martin

Cannibals c.c
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought you couldnt have the engine gearbox or any of the major parts, which does'nt leave much else?

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

scrappage

the only thing you cant do is re sell the vehicle complete,you can sell any parts inc eng g box all of it trim,scrappage only stops us from selling complete cars ie drive away

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Scrappage is a load of ********. It's supposed to be that once a car is part-ex'd through the scrappage scheme it can not be put back on the road, no matter how much pleading or uproar the car enthusiasts create. Some cars have been real minters and quite rare cars.
    Yet there have been a few dealers who have stepped in and paid the scrappage allowance out of their own pockets and saved some of the real classics!
    It seems to be one rule for them and another for us.

It seems to be that the deal with breaking them is that the chosen recycler can sell anything off them except the body and chassis/ monocoque shell.

Takes the **** eh?

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've just put my work van in to the scrappage deal. I bought it new 10 years ago and its only got 60k on the clock, but if i sold it i would be lucky to get £400. So i took advantage of the huge discounts available for commercial vehicles plus the £2k bonus

To take part in the scheme you have to have owned the vehicle for at least 12 months. The vehicle has to be MOT'd, Taxed & insured when the new vehicle order is placed, or within 14 days of any of those expiring.

A friend put his 12 year old Audi convertible into the scheme and got his new car. 2 weeks later the garage phoned to ask if he minded that one of their mechanics wanted the Audi and would pay the garage £2k for it. I did not think that was allowed.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by great68 View Post
    I've just put my work van in to the scrappage deal. I bought it new 10 years ago and its only got 60k on the clock, but if i sold it i would be lucky to get £400. So i took advantage of the huge discounts available for commercial vehicles plus the £2k bonus

To take part in the scheme you have to have owned the vehicle for at least 12 months. The vehicle has to be MOT'd, Taxed & insured when the new vehicle order is placed, or within 14 days of any of those expiring.

A friend put his 12 year old Audi convertible into the scheme and got his new car. 2 weeks later the garage phoned to ask if he minded that one of their mechanics wanted the Audi and would pay the garage £2k for it. I did not think that was allowed.
    tell um 3k and its ok . the paperwork has not been submited yet so its not oficially dead

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was under the impression the main shell/identity of the car had to be crushed but the scrap merchant/dealer could sell the rest.

I did ask if he could just cut out the VIN no and let me have the motor complete but was told there was a £2000 fine if he sold the car complete.

The car in question actually looked pretty tidy bar a bit of grot on the bottom of the front fenders. It started first try and sounded fine, good tyres, rest of the panels looked sound and it had the removable back. There was also a very tidy Triumph Herald Convertible in the yard too.

I'd been watching a similar Blazer on Ebay last week and it bid up to £3k and didnt hit the reserve.
    Looking for a 50s car, Cadillac, Buick, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Chevy, cash waiting. Message me or call 07836 349356

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    the only thing you cant do is re sell the vehicle complete,you can sell any parts inc eng g box all of it trim,scrappage only stops us from selling complete cars ie drive away
    the only bits you can legally remove from scrappage cars is fluids, cat, tyres and battery if you get caught selling an engine or other identifiable component you will lose your dvla entitlement to scrap cars

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information