Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  209
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowtr3 View Post
    as the countries of the world continue to make economic allies its seems to me that being left out or going alone is not a good thing.
    i know there where some legitimate wrongs of being in the EU but it seems the wrong thing to do was a complete divorce.
    i think you would have been better off having 3 lines to vote on. 1) out 2) in 3) in with some renegotiating.
    right now i think its gone hurt you all a lot in the near future. i dont have a crystal ball to see the long term.
    if i were looking to build any kind of manufacturing plant right now, id be placing it in Europe and not my most loved country.
    I don't agree personally but it's all academic. They asked people if they wanted to stay in or leave completely, it was that blunt. If they didn't want to honour the referendum they shouldn't have given people the choice, but they did and now they need to honour it, for good or bad.

2. Likesv8.jimmy liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a bit thick when it comes to Politics but i'm ok with that, but when this first started way back and someone asked me my views I said, "Look, I dont get it because there is not enough time in my life to worry about it, but I do know this, I'll make a prediction, we wont leave, and someone will have had millions and millions of pounds "out of it", there, I'm done.......interesting times now

5. Likestimbo56 liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PONCHO View Post
    I don't agree personally but it's all academic. They asked people if they wanted to stay in or leave completely, it was that blunt. If they didn't want to honour the referendum they shouldn't have given people the choice, but they did and now they need to honour it, for good or bad.
    yes you did vote out and out you must go.
    not suggesting other options.
    but good luck to you. my pension is safe for my lifetime.
    my grandkids are here in the US and we will get over trump.
    but i worry about my family still in the UK.

good luck to you all. i truly hope it works better
    sent from my Commodore vic 32

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    its the bit about "we are not prepared for a no deal brexit " what the **** have you been doing for the past two years ? or are you so confident that you will get your leave but not really deal excepted How can anybody think we will come out ? we have a government that i made up of remainers and the EU that don,t want to loose the money

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
    its the bit about "we are not prepared for a no deal brexit " what the **** have you been doing for the past two years ? or are you so confident that you will get your leave but not really deal excepted How can anybody think we will come out ? we have a government that i made up of remainers and the EU that don,t want to loose the money
    that's the biggest con, forget all second vote etc, they passed article 50 which created legislation saying the UK would leave on 29th March, now around 80% of MP's in the commons both Leave and Remainers are attempting to either negotiate a deal for the same access we had in the EU or are seeking to delay leaving with a view to stopping it completely. It's smoke and mirrors telling us we cannot "crash out" and we "must" have a deal. It's incompetence, the PM and Civil Service have routinely undermined the Brexit Secretary and have ruled out leaving with no deal. We should simply leave, then watch central and Eastern Europe plunge into recession and then tell them the deal we want. A clear statement from our PM saying "no deal" would bring about a better deal and quicker.

The worst thing is, the leaders of these countries and the EU Commission are out of step with the people of Europe. The people in the EU accept it. They regret it but most of all they respect it, so why can't the EU commission ?

IF anybody follows it GBP is rising against USD, it's around 1.31 today, moving $0.06 in around 3 weeks. It'll keep going until theres an announcement one way or another, or we Leave, at which point they'll dump GBP and there will be a run on the pound where I reckon it'll drop to sub $1.10. If you're buying a car or parts, mid to end of Feb is the time to do it

9. Likesv8.jimmy, 69 ford, Torment, Stroprock liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowtr3 View Post
    as the countries of the world continue to make economic allies its seems to me that being left out or going alone is not a good thing.
    i know there where some legitimate wrongs of being in the EU but it seems the wrong thing to do was a complete divorce.
    i think you would have been better off having 3 lines to vote on. 1) out 2) in 3) in with some renegotiating.
    right now i think its gone hurt you all a lot in the near future. i dont have a crystal ball to see the long term.
    if i were looking to build any kind of manufacturing plant right now, id be placing it in Europe and not my most loved country.
    Leaving was a regrettable choice, the direction of the EU and our ability to influence our own interests is being diminished. The EU should exist but only for comparable economies. When they bent the rules and allowed Eastern Bloc countries to join, that was the end of the EU. The EU Commission just wants increased power and surrender of sovereignty from these countries because of their past and in return their people are offered free movement. they can go anywhere in the EU but they don't they come here. I don't know why, theres plenty of work fruit picking in Spain, labouring in Germany or factory work in France, but they come here legally. I don't believe it's benefits, it's opportunity but that should be protected, same way it is in other countries like the US and Australia. The counter argument is British people can go there......hmmmm

Here's a true story for you. A company I worked for had a small back office function in the UK. They set up an entity in Bulgaria with the intention of outsourcing call handling and accounting. They flew 50 people in from Bulgaria weekly for ten weeks to train and handover. The people in the UK were being made redundant on statutory rates despite having considerable length of service and previous redundancies being at enhanced ex-gracia, ie a golden handshake. They were contractually obliged to train their replacement, who were recruited for 25% of the cost. Talking to them over this period, the level of education far exceeded the jobs they were doing. You had people with medical degrees taking phone calls, qualified management accounts doing data entry. Each week when they flew home, some of them genuinely feared that they're homes had be taken from them while gone, common practice apparently by the Russian mafia. Pretty much all of them had the same ambition, work this job, improve their English, get a reference from a UK company then come to the UK long term. Being in the EU facilitated this, the cost of relocation was supported through access to EU grants, British workers dumped on the taxpayer. The mix was mostly time served managers 5-8 year s off retirement and young school leavers. I worked in Procurement and was asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement and lead a project to outsource Procurement there also. I refused and shortly after I resigned. This is the reality of being in the EU

11. Likesv8.jimmy, stu460 liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Going back to the initial point i.e.continual doom and gloom from the media, in my opinion what has become clear since the referendum is what a load of absolute arsholes the MPs have revealed to be, 99% of them did not anticipate the result, and have seeked to undermine it in any way they could as long as they came out with their seat. Since the referendum there has been campaign to block it from day one, by the civil service, the Treasury, Mrs May, the BBC, channel 4 and ITV, THEY ARE ALL ONE.

Regardless of what way we leave -if ever, the damage has been done, nobody trusts anybody anymore and it will take a long time for people to have any confidence in the Media/Government.
    Everyday you see Trump getting the same biased treatment from the BBC -always a negative story never a positive, regardless that the US economy is doing well, he is talking to all the world leaders including Kim Jong Un (something Obama never achieved) he increased the minimum wage, gave greater support to ex servicemen and many other good causes ... but what do we see on our media? -doom and gloom...Brexit doom and gloom.....Trump doom and gloom... The government are at risk of losing a lot more if they betray the British public and they know it, that's why they are dragging this on and on with as many twists and turns as possible- to cover their arses.
    Last edited by 69 ford; 28-01-2019 at 10:53.

13. LikesSlamera63 liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trump getting in and brexit ****ed over the establishment. Good....it's about time the people were heard..

Good advice from wb54...I ordered from summit last Friday...should have waited really..

The Oddlot Drag Racing Team...havin fun is usual
    57 bel air wagon
    540cui altered.
    your not drunk enough if you can lie on the floor without holding on..

15. Likesv8.jimmy liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    A lot of the lying MP's who have not honoured their constituent's wishes are going to be out of jobs come the next election. As has been said here already, they are spinning the wishes of the public to mean whatever they want it to mean. I've only voted twice in my lifetime. Once when UKIP got 4 million votes and caused the Tories to call a ref on the subject, and then 'Leave'. I don't vote for any of the lying scum in the Commons and never will. Judging by there attempts to screw the public over on Brexit, never voting's proven a wise decision...

17. Likesv8.jimmy, drseg liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coming from good old working class stock I listened to my Dad and took an interest in politics as far as local and general elections went as that was the only method normal people had of having a say and possibly a hand into how their country was run.

I voted to leave the EU... the vote was democratically won.

I am as vulnerable as the next man (or woman) and do not want to see my families hard earned living standard reduced... but if it doesn't go through as voted for I
    will never vote again at any level.

Who really gives a **** if I don't ever vote again? - no one really but there are many like me who will just stand aside and God help the country once democracy goes out the window.
    Last edited by DesP; 28-01-2019 at 20:00.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups....

19. Likesv8.jimmy, kapri, drseg liked this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information