Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  209
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    if we leave with out a deal hot rods will be band ? how you going to vote ? am ii the only one thats fed up the fake brexit news

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny99 View Post
    A lot of the lying MP's who have not honoured their constituent's wishes are going to be out of jobs come the next election.
    But if they ignore the peoples vote for Brexit nothing to stop them ignoring the results from the next election. They may even save time by not having one, just telling you who won.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its only a handful of responses but its reassuring to see so many folk see through the lefty media politics and stand by an EXIT .. Put the GREAT back in GREAT BRITAIN and be a UNITED KINGDOM free from the shackles of europe

If you have ever watched debates in the euro parliament its patently obvious that they despise the UK and that the UK props up the EU .. Take no deal, and the EU will **** themself and come back with an offer. They are playing poker with democracy.. Roll on No Deal EXIT ..

5. LikesTorment, Evil McNasty liked this post
    Official RnS Addict Dr.Feelgood's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Sick and tired" must be what most people feel - and is about right.

I have taken an active interest in Politics all of my adult life - even I am getting tired of it.

I understand and RESPECT - why people were motivated to vote either one way or the other.

What has followed has been nothing short of dismal, - the systematic attritional war of words.

History shows us that people are easier to govern when controlled by fear. Nothing changes !

Media coverage and the perpetual mind games are a national disgrace. BBC bias is appalling.

The constant erosion of our National pride is counter productive - whichever side you are on.

People lead busy lives - attention spans are short. Headlines are rarely backed up with facts.

Use of negative phrases such as "crashing out" enter the vernacular & are repeated endlessly.

e.g: The rebranding of a second referendum as a "People's Vote" - who voted the first time ?

Appalling propaganda (both sides) is an insult to the intelligence of those who bother to think.

An incompetent PM - who put herself up for the job - despite not believing in the objective...

MPs who unashamedly put Party or personal agendas before the interests of the Nation....

I could go on ( & on & on ...)

It is just tragic that RESPECT has been lost. For personal beliefs of others and for democracy.

Life WILL go on - whatever happens. People adapt to circumstances. We need to move on ...
    Last edited by Dr.Feelgood; 29-01-2019 at 19:12.
    ENJOY YOURSELF - IT'S LATER THAN YOU THINK !

7. Likeskapri liked this post
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Feelgood View Post
    respect

History shows us that people are easier to govern when controlled by fear. Nothing changes !

Media coverage and the perpetual mind games are a national disgrace.
    BBC bias is appalling.

Use of negative phrases such as "crashing out" enter the vernacular & are repeated endlessly.

The rebranding of a second referendum as a "People's Vote"

An incompetent PM
    MPs who unashamedly put Party or personal agendas

It is just tragic that REPECT has been lost. For personal beliefs of others and for democracy.
    What he said......

We are stuck fast in this EU glue pit !
    Do we really think that we can leave with that lot of making decisions.

MP's should follow.obey the wishes of their local constituents and not adopt the attitude of 'I know best'.(because my party bullyboy has offered me this or that or threatened me with deselection)

These MP's should stick to what they know best - fillingl in their expensces forms for 1 kitcat.

It is a Glue Pit and we are going nowhere.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DesP View Post
    Who really gives a **** if I don't ever vote again?
    This is the point. They don't care. They focus on marginal constituencies and even then they don't care about winning your vote, their focus is on ensuring the people who have or may vote their way actually do cast their vote. They don't have time or budget to "win you over". So we're stuck between this punch and judy show of red and blue, where you almost have to vote for one to keep the other out. It's perverse. Not voting just means you let them play the game in your absence and suffer the consequences.

Official RnS Addict Dr.Feelgood's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    ENJOY YOURSELF - IT'S LATER THAN YOU THINK !

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    latest scare on biased broadcasting corporation no food in shops,
    then they say we get 1/3 of our fruit and veg from the eu.
    when i was at school 2/3 of veg and fruit from other sources was better than a 1/3
    roll on exit

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's a truth here. The way the EU grew there was no contemplation that anybody would want to leave. I've listened to loads of debate and comment on this and it seems to come down to the way the Brits see themselves as a plucky island nation that stood on its own, at least initially, during two world wars, and less than a hundred years ago controlled a good percentage of the world. Whereas the Europeans have been trampled all over for centuries with one tyrant or another and want to bolster against that happening again. Interesting that the, now, key friendship in Europe is France and Germany, France having been invaded by Germany three times over a seventy year period. The accession countries all had the misery of being part of the Eastern Bloc for forty odd years and see the EU as protection against that happening again. This is a unique situation in political terms, but whatever happens the EU will still have a lot of influence over our rules and regs if only from a legacy point of view and to smooth trade, and as they probably do with disparate nations around the world that want to trade with them. Equally we're a key market that potential importers need to keep on side.

From a motoring point of view, would Rover, the last major British owned car manufacturer and major employer in the Midlands, have still been allowed to go bust under a Labour Govt if we hadn't had to follow the EU rule of not being able to prop up industry (despite what happens with Peugeot/Citroen in France)? Maybe Govt had had enough, but even Mrs Thatcher propped them up ten years earlier!

13. Likesstueeee, kapri liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 4potHemi View Post

From a motoring point of view, would Rover, the last major British owned car manufacturer and major employer in the Midlands, have still been allowed to go bust under a Labour Govt if we hadn't had to follow the EU rule of not being able to prop up industry (despite what happens with Peugeot/Citroen in France)? Maybe Govt had had enough, but even Mrs Thatcher propped them up ten years earlier!
    IMO, Rover Group's (or whatever they were called that week) problems really started when the Thatcher government sold the company to businesses which were only interested in asset stripping rather than investing in modern equipment with the intention of making decent cars.

I don't see a second referendum happening, but I can see why people are who are being calledl Remoaners etc. Are saying that threre was deception in the leave campaign; not to mention the small matter of illegal funding of the Brexit campaign. anyone remember Boris saying that 'we could have our cake and eat it too' is we could leave, restrict EU immigration and still belong to the customs union. Boris may be suffering from amnesia on that one.
    Last edited by stueeee; 29-01-2019 at 10:24.
    Stuart.
    My website: Isn't working at the moment
    My Intro

15. Likesheavychevy liked this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information