Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tachograph info

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    And if you are going to run at 3500kg max no tacho remove the towbar (or just ball) as if it is fitted you could be done for theoretical overloading, or not using/having a tacho as they want to know your historic movement not just when your towing
    IT'S NOT GETTING WHAT YOU WANT...IT'S WANTING WHAT YOUVE GOT

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our set up for track days, 6.5t Renault crew cab, my E46 on the back, tow bar, Clio on a trailer, no tacho, car license.
    No "hire or reward".

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I knew I had it somewhere, here's the definitive answer from the DfT http://srgtc.org.uk/images/pdf/tachorules.pdf
    Sorry, wrong file but it can be useful. Here's the one I meant to use, it's directed at horsebox owners but the rules are the same and can be taken from the flow charts in it and the tacho section on page 10. http://srgtc.org.uk/images/pdf/horsebox.pdf
    Last edited by timbo56; 06-10-2018 at 18:12.

American Truck importer v8.jimmy's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by timbo56 View Post
    I knew I had it somewhere, here's the definitive answer from the DfT http://srgtc.org.uk/images/pdf/tachorules.pdf
    Sorry, wrong file but it can be useful. Here's the one I meant to use, it's directed at horsebox owners but the rules are the same and can be taken from the flow charts in it. http://srgtc.org.uk/images/pdf/horsebox.pdf
    kool I'll read up on that as I'm a bit rusty here and there lol. I wish my company would give me a tacho refresher as one of my cpc days as it would be more useful than the ****ty topics I seem to get. I drive tankers but only locally and never get near 4 1/2 hours driving in a shift so only need to take working time directive breaks, so ony using the tacho to prove that I didn't actually need to keep records lol

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MYTHING View Post
    And if you are going to run at 3500kg max no tacho remove the towbar (or just ball) as if it is fitted you could be done for theoretical overloading, or not using/having a tacho as they want to know your historic movement not just when your towing
    that's not true buddy, as the tacho is only required for business use "when towing a trailer". But, if Arron isn't going to ever tow a trailer, then there's no harm in taking it off. Though, even if the pickup is for business use, he CAN use the 3.5 tonne pickup with a trailer, without using the tacho, IF it's only being used privately when the trailer is on. He'd need to be able to prove private use at the roadside though.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure of the legalitys but I did get a tug at the layby on A1 at Bedford were that grizzlys truckstop cafe is.
    I was driving a LWB transit 3500kg gvw which was virtually empty of tools etc towing a 4 tonne plated ifor williams trailer, my crime was there was a rather large dumper on the trailer and I got done for gross train weight, basically the trailer wasnt overloaded but the tow vehicle was not big enough.
    At my court appearance at Bedford magistrates I copped 11 offences from memory, and they ranged from not having a tacho, which lead to failing to keep tacho records, failing to produce a tacho disc for that day and it went on and on (but how could I produce discs etc when the van didn't have a tacho fitted.)
    Not a great day got a fair old fine but luckily all offences were non endorsable so came away with a clean licence.
    Kev
    Kev

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    All interesting comments - thanks.

Its a bit of a minefield. I can see why people get "done" as understanding the rules isn't easy, down to the driver though I guess, ignorance isn't bliss.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by coupster View Post

Its a bit of a minefield. I can see why people get "done" as understanding the rules isn't easy, down to the driver though I guess, ignorance isn't bliss.
    It would be a fair bit easier if they would publish the rules in a simple and unambiguous way so that there could be no missunderstanding..l

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by coupster View Post

Aaron, your inbox is full mate, tried to reply to your pm but it got bounced.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yella f100 View Post
    Not sure of the legalitys but I did get a tug at the layby on A1 at Bedford were that grizzlys truckstop cafe is.
    I was driving a LWB transit 3500kg gvw which was virtually empty of tools etc towing a 4 tonne plated ifor williams trailer, my crime was there was a rather large dumper on the trailer and I got done for gross train weight, basically the trailer wasnt overloaded but the tow vehicle was not big enough.
    At my court appearance at Bedford magistrates I copped 11 offences from memory, and they ranged from not having a tacho, which lead to failing to keep tacho records, failing to produce a tacho disc for that day and it went on and on (but how could I produce discs etc when the van didn't have a tacho fitted.)
    Not a great day got a fair old fine but luckily all offences were non endorsable so came away with a clean licence.
    Kev
    Kev
    That's the problem Kev, one thing leads to another with these ****ers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information