Likes Likes:  2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tachograph info

American Truck importer v8.jimmy's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    It would be a fair bit easier if they would publish the rules in a simple and unambiguous way so that there could be no missunderstanding..l
    No money in being clear and fair Joe

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by v8.jimmy View Post
    Aaron, your inbox is full mate, tried to reply to your pm but it got bounced.
    Thanks Jim

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Really strange but if you had put a piece of masking tape over the 4000KG plated weight of the Ifor and wrote 3000 or3500KG in felt tip, so long as the unique serial number is not covered and it was still greater than the weight of the trailer and dumper they would have happily accepted that

This is the theoretical overloading that I was on about

The argument is....if you got out of the combination and handed it to someone else to drive (commercial, private doesn't matter) that person would (assuming they looked at it) take the plated gross weight as the weight they could load to and drive with, the fact they should also check the MAM rating is the tow vehicle is ignored, it comes under a "specific or implied instruction to the operator/driver of the combination"

So when the Fireman drives the fire engine and on the inside of the windscreen it says max height 13'6" or whatever, when they run into a low bridge that is greater than the stated height, they can be sacked without defence as they ignored a "specific or implied instruction"

Madness I know

Quote Originally Posted by Yella f100 View Post
    Not sure of the legalitys but I did get a tug at the layby on A1 at Bedford were that grizzlys truckstop cafe is.
    I was driving a LWB transit 3500kg gvw which was virtually empty of tools etc towing a 4 tonne plated ifor williams trailer, my crime was there was a rather large dumper on the trailer and I got done for gross train weight, basically the trailer wasnt overloaded but the tow vehicle was not big enough.
    At my court appearance at Bedford magistrates I copped 11 offences from memory, and they ranged from not having a tacho, which lead to failing to keep tacho records, failing to produce a tacho disc for that day and it went on and on (but how could I produce discs etc when the van didn't have a tacho fitted.)
    Not a great day got a fair old fine but luckily all offences were non endorsable so came away with a clean licence.
    Kev
    Kev
    IT'S NOT GETTING WHAT YOU WANT...IT'S WANTING WHAT YOUVE GOT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information