Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Incubator-Jones View Post
    It's a bit of a leap from to go from critical ****-taking by one party to a murderous rampage by another. If you're the sort of person who gets a bit homicidal when someone takes the **** out of you, you're pretty ripe for ridicule if you ask me.

So what that you can expect a punch for taking the **** out of a violent drunkard? He'd still be in the wrong if he does hit you. In the same way, you should definitely be able to criticise some evil loonies' beliefs without fear of violent reprisal.

As ever, as an autonomous mind, I self-appoint the right to say that Islam is a morally bereft, logically flawed cult for cretins regardless of whether or not I actually believe that. If I wake up tomorrow to find that I've been beheaded for that statement, I'd not say "Fair enough." That's what supposedly makes Britain better than these Middle Eastern ****holes - you can do and say what you like safe in the knowledge that you won't be persecuted for your beliefs. Apparently.
    Im all for free speach,but sometimes if you say something there are repercussions.

If i kept taking the **** out of you for dressing like some sort of 50,s retard and keep asking why you go to rod events in a car that isnt a rod.,do you not think in the end you may want to punch me.

To keep doing stuff to get a reaction,is a bit daft.expecially if they have guns

Its not about rights or wrongs. Irrational people dont think like that. And as individuals we all have different veiws of of whats right.
    Rod/custom/drag build profiles:
    Mini | Pop | Porker | Trike | Morris 8

| 48 chevy coupe | ford f100 | tube chassis,d pop

2. Likesstu460 liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

of the Croydon Teds Nigel Incubator-Jones's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody View Post
    Im all for free speach,but sometimes if you say something there are repercussions.

If i kept taking the **** out of you for dressing like some sort of 50,s retard and keep asking why you go to rod events in a car that isnt a rod.,do you not think in the end you may want to punch me.

To keep doing stuff to get a reaction,is a bit daft.expecially if they have guns

Its not about rights or wrongs. Irrational people dont think like that. And as individuals we all have different veiws of of whats right.
    I appreciate that every action has consequences, but we should still have a society where you're safe to say where you can express any opinion without fearing for your safety. How do you know that Charlie Hebdo published their cartoons just to get a reaction? If you asked them, they'd probably say they were presenting a sincere political point. In my opinion, any sincere view ought to be expressed - the more ideas there are floating around for people to consider, so much the better.

If you wanted to make me the specific target of persistent ridicule, I may end up finding it hard to react rationally. However, if you wanted to publish a satirical cartoon lampooning people who dress like '50s retards and go to rod shows in cars that aren't rods, I doubt I'd bat an eyelid. It's your opinion, you're entitled to it and it does me no harm.

Point is that we shouldn't have any fear to say what we think. As you say, we all have different views. One man's joke is another man's offensive remark. People are never going to agree on how the world should be run so the best thing is to accept that different ideas exist and not make any apologies for violence that opposes certain thought.
    Wanted! Back issues of Street Machine, American Car World/American Car and Classic American. Please PM.

5. Likesblackpopracing, ChopperHarris liked this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information