Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 40Stude View Post
    Hindsight is wonderful after the event. I'll lay money he looked at the vid and thought he could have done something different. Not having any experience of anything in that situation in the driving seat but having, I think (others may not agree), a reasonable degree of technical theory, I'm not sure pulling the chute while you are impersonating a downhill slalom skier is necessarily the best option. Certainly if you are going straight but in this case?

Like I said, no practical experience, so would appreciate comments from those with the soiled underwear.
    I'm not sure what would have happened if he'd pulled the chutes but I do know that at Bonneville you have to have chutes for exactly that sort of situation. They (USFRA) recommend pulling the chute when in a spin to straighten the car out....personally I can see getting tangle in the lines and deflating the chute more likely but they know best. It's not as if you need the chute to slow you down at the end of a run on the salt!

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 40Stude View Post
    Hindsight is wonderful after the event. I'll lay money he looked at the vid and thought he could have done something different. Not having any experience of anything in that situation in the driving seat but having, I think (others may not agree), a reasonable degree of technical theory, I'm not sure pulling the chute while you are impersonating a downhill slalom skier is necessarily the best option. Certainly if you are going straight but in this case?

Like I said, no practical experience, so would appreciate comments from those with the soiled underwear.
    i did get in a bit of fix at york but i was doing about 147 at the eigth at the time in my altered and was very lucky to get out .just before i shut the throttle i hit like dip in the track on left lane and it sent the car into a corner to corner bounce but this sent the steering into a tank slapper.so the last thing i could do was let go the wheel to grab a chute lever my hands were stuck to the wheel trying to land the car .the car came back into control for a secound and then shook the front wheels that hard it threw my hands off the wheel and that stung a bit when i grabed the wheel back.and think i hit every roll bar in the cage with my head, no sense no feeling .
    so for the next run i blew the tyres up a bit and changed lanes and got my extra large ******** out the van it worked and i won ha ha

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess he was too busy steering to try and hang the laundry out....give that man a cigar and a brandy....

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LUCKY777 View Post
    I guess he was too busy steering to try and hang the laundry out....give that man a cigar and a brandy....

Rest in Peace
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have done something similar (with a more damaging conclusion), your hands are too busy to pull the chute, especially when you are up on two wheels.
    Rog.
    If some's good, more's better and too much is just enough

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information