Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  24
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zefa46 View Post
    Have you read the write up , " was a 4 door , now a 2 door with a 2 door jag roof welded on "
    no i didn't, the pics were bad enough to put me off looking any further to be honest
    funnily enough i thought the rear pillars looked xjs 'ish' too.
    neil.
    ps i did say not if the structure hasn't been altered so that was my cop out.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Welding Guru
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    I was hoping this post would bring out some comments relating to how legal the work may or may not be. As well as the opinion of taste or looks.
    I wonder who did the work and when ( if they have done any others) its not my taste but you cant knock the effort ( whether its misguided or not) the seller is not the builder apparently, so has the builder just done it as an exercise of what could be done with a uncommon car for the hell of it??? He can certainly claim its a one off.

4. Likes chevrolet50 liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    THE LOGBOOK HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE.
    I don't know what y'all worried about...
    50 shades of grey primer....

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    How to look like a ****....drive down the road in that monstrosity and catch your reflection in a shop window, folk are not laughing with you, they are laughing AT you...it worked for me when I saw myself in a C3 Vette...gone in 2 days (sorry to Vette owners, we are all different) LOL

Official RnS Addict chevrolet50's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    To be perfectly honest, I didn’t even know what a Toyota Avalon was!! I didn’t want to slag the car off or insult the builders ideas and tastes because there is no rule book to follow,if that was the case we would all be driving the same hot rod/kustom or modified vehicle,no it’s not my cup of tea but one thing I hate is people who go around car shows and rip someone’s car apart when they do not even own anything,have never ever built anything or just paid to have someone else build their car!!

8. Likes mygasser, Mals32b, kapri, hurtz liked this post
    Welding Guru
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    I had to google toyota avalon myself. I stumbled on this while trawling ebay.
    I agree,nothing worse than someone slating someone elses work when they havent a clue or own nothing.
    Loads of opinions that are unjust. But this build has me scratching my head i must admit.

10. Likes kapri liked this post
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Theres some strange people on here considering its really a hot rod / custom site.

The legalities of the build are only the interest of the seller and buyer. Befor you pass judgement if that's right or wrong,maybe scroll through the hundreds of pages of heavily modified cars in the garage section.

Remember for the last 35 years,if everyone didnt ignore the legalities of certain things,you would have about a 100 hotrods to look at in this country.

As for the swapping of roofs and two dooring.

When its done on here everyone whoops and cheers,yet any other car that has it done gets slated off. Is the metal work different on a toyota.

Some of you really do need to ask yourselves what you have turned into.

If that car was matt black with flames,everyone would see it differently.

To me im not sure the paint works. Look good in candy red,with a change in wheels.

Going by recent posts on here,lots of you really are near the end off youre lifes.best to just enjoy that instead of being concerned about what others do with their cars.

And their only doing what you used to do 30/40 years back

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    The seventies has a lot to answer for...
    Hidden Content

The Oddlot Drag Racing Team...havin fun is usual
    57 chevy wagon.
    540cui altered.
    your not drunk enough if you can lie on the floor without holding on..

Welding Guru
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    I think it is worth stating that a key point for the people on here is that we all have an opinion and this and any other threads can draw out such opinions/views/comments. Its what may drive us to modify cars to our own personal taste that may not be the taste of others.
    This thread was placed to see if anyone was interested in the car and prompt discussion about the car from a technical, legal and taste perspective ( of which we have all earned a right to do so).
    It wasnt placed to prompt personal comments aimed at other people, to quote "nearing the end of their lives"
    Respect for other peoples opinions/views and comments should be reciprocal.
    Last edited by weldtech; 15-01-2021 at 07:59.

Official RnS Addict Austin Martin's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    There was an extremely rotten late '60's Impala on ebuy recently , in the style of (if not actually from) '70's with a vampire (female) on the boot lid, I would have paid a few hundred for the boot lid mural, and back in the '70's would have happily driven around in it all day long, but as Don Henley once said "time passes and things change" the Toyota wouldn't have looked out of place at the Ally Pally shows, even though it's probably too new for that.

As to its legality, I would think that if the floor and the lower half of the car are unchanged, and the two dooring process was just welding up the back doors and not moving the pillars, then you might be alright; don't know anything about the Avalon, as to whether they did a convertible, but I think that personally if I was selling it I might have not mentioned putting an XJS roof on!
    Just a passer by as you might say.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information