Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

US car hire advice

It seems more car hire firms in the US are replacing domestic brands with Hyundai/KIA and the like. Is any one company more likely to stock US vehicles? Travelling to Seattle next summer and want a decent SUV - SIXT seem good on price, but with every firm offering X car "or something similar" don't want to end up with the wrong vehicle. This is from experience, as US stuff has always been great...had a KIA in California one year and it was really poor...screen surround fell out, the thing hadn't enough power to do hill starts in San Fran...and besides, in the US you want to drive American right?

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    It really I'd pot luck whatever they've got in the compound for to choose from at the time. Plus many 'foreign' brands are built on the US (Hyundai have a massive plant in Georgia) and a lot of US brands are built in Mexico etc.

Don't worry about what you drive, it'll only ever be a rental anyway, just enjoy the trip.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Often you will get what's available or what you've paid for...you can stipulate something more to your liking but you will probably end up paying that bit more...all depends on your use....drive comfort-distance etc...On occasions we have ended with something bigger and better, so you could ask to upsize say a people wagon...theve done us good in the past..

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    i've always used allstatescarhire.com and you choose what car you want from their drop down list. they are an english company too if that makes a difference.
    neil.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    my advice is not to use sixt !!!!!!!!!!!! used them twice and both times had very bad experience's ………. Alamo is more expressive but you will find that what you are quoted you will pay as with sixt it is cheaper when you book it but when back in uk you get extra charges that you cant do anything about that ends up being the same as what Alamo want plus Alamo give better cars .
    I know it sounds petty but Alamo also clean there cars better than sixt !!!!!!!!!!! sixt just run it through there car wash and leave to dry in the sun meaning if you have a black car its all water stained but mainly glass and mirrors are so the 2 times I did use sixt I cleaned the glass and mirrors myself or am I just sad
    customer service from Alamo is far better and if there are any problems you can speak to a human and they are happy to help .
    I don't even bother price searching anymore just go straight to Alamo
    www.customcoachtrimming.co.uk www.trimshop.co.uk hot rod and custom interiors ......ring 01386 834454 for a quote on any simple repair to full build custom interior or email me [email][email protected]
    57 chevy interior https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z_qwE-LG_8

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've hired quite a few cars (and bikes) stateside and as mentioned earlier it's pot luck, last twice went for domestic brands and they were ****e, better off with a Nissan or Toyota if your looking for a sedan. I had a Chevy Impala last time as soon as we got up to 60 on the freeway it started shaking like a ****ting dog, only replacement they had at the time was a Nissan crewcab pick up....... much better

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Misleading title for the company, but unlike others they give you the out the door price and how all the taxes and fees that are tagged on.
    Be careful when any car rental place starts offering you extra insurances because that can make the true rental price much higher.
    https://www.rentawreck.com/vehicle-l...e=&promo_code=

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    The last Impala I hired the seat felt like there was an iron bar running across my arse. I switched it for a Mitsubishi and it was Heaven!

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last couple of times I've been over to the USA I've bundled the car hire with the flight on BA. For some bizarre reason this drops the price of the flights as well as the car hire. can't remember which car hire company that BA specified in either case, but it was one of the US majors. Even when I've done the car hire separately I've always used Dollar or Alamo or similar, there are way too many horror stories about for the supposedly cheaper companies to make them attractive.
    Stuart.
    My website: Isn't working at the moment
    My Intro

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stueeee View Post
    there are way too many horror stories about for the supposedly cheaper companies to make them attractive.
    Been there done that, I had the horror story from Hell with one such Co, wont post it all as its too long.
    Met some Hispanics in a Hotel lobby, after leaving Orlando I headed straight up to INDY CYL Head through the night to discover the day after it had no rear light clusters in it , 2 tyres on the canvas, lost 3rd gear halfway to Dallas..... good?..times

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information