Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  27
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    why feel sorry for anyone who has bought a house? Anyone can look at a house and see the price they are being sold for is NOT realistic! The crazy increase in house prices could not and should not go on for ever. It don't effect house owners, it don''t matter to a home owner what there house is worth, that is only relevant if they move, if the value of the house they own goes up or down so does the value of the house they buy...the ones it has slaughtered is the first time buyers who can't afford a bloody shed !

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by [JP] View Post
    well.. this is what a democracy is.
    let's see how it goes.

But.. so far, overnight, the cost of running the company where I work has gone up 10%. Why? because all equipment is bought from the EU as it's not produced here. this will more than likely be a cost passed on to the end consumer.

It will be alright as long as everyone buys British though... all your rod parts, etc, etc.. will stay the same price. oh wait, no it wont

Hasnt Nigel Farage already backed down on the biggest advert he had on the side of the BUS saying all the money would go to the NHS?

thisis going to be sooooo messy.
    But, it's a democracy so I embrace change and I hope everything will go well.

Already feel sorry for everyone that own a house, thank god I haven't bought one yet!

I

How do you know that the cost of running the company where you work has gone up by 10%, nothing has been decided yet, this was one of the things that the Remain camp were predicting but it hasn't happened yet.

Things will invariably change but the world hasn't just ended.
    Paradise is full of idiots who believe it exists - Georges Wolinski
    I Think Therefore I Am - René Descartes

www.nothingbeingadvertisedhere.com

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because the pound has already dropped against the euro and other currencies and will keep dropping.

so if yesterday we bought telecomms equipment at a certain exchange rate, due to the drop, today is more expensive. bear in mind radio equipment (stuff I design day to day) cost in the excess of 50k.... a complicated design, can cost in excess of 500k.... its a big difference in the overall cost.

Another example... that dude who gets parts from summit racing and LMC truck and ships over from the US, who does the dollar for pound thing? (if it shows 20 dollars on the catalogue, it's 20 quid) that's going to stop as well.

small examples of how things will dramatically change.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    well.. this is what a democracy is.
    let's see how it goes.

But.. so far, overnight, the cost of running the company where I work has gone up 10%. Why? because all equipment is bought from the EU as it's not produced here. this will more than likely be a cost passed on to the end consumer.

It will be alright as long as everyone buys British though... all your rod parts, etc, etc.. will stay the same price. oh wait, no it wont

Hasnt Nigel Farage already backed down on the biggest advert he had on the side of the BUS saying all the money would go to the NHS?

thisis going to be sooooo messy.
    But, it's a democracy so I embrace change and I hope everything will go well.

Already feel sorry for everyone that own a house, thank god I haven't bought one yet!

I
    Dont really understand that last comment?? I pay a mortgage, you pay rent, they are probably similar amounts too.

Feckin fibreglass!!
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why is everything about the EU deemed to be about money?? If it was the 'Common Market' as when it started fair enough.

I am not selfish enough to have voted out because my house may loose value or a contract will loose profit.

My reason is because of the political superstate, law changes, etc.
    If it don't fit, make it adjustable!!!

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont understand the house market bit, was just the guys here at work saying, 2 of them really ****ed off because they just only bought a house last week.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heres a good idea, lets talk ourselves into a recession.

Providing you can keep paying the mortage it really doesnt matter as at the end of it all, youve got a house worth something, rent is lining the pockets of landlord tossers.

I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    We've just ****ed our economy good and proper - there's no winners here. When your friends and family start losing their jobs as a result, on your heads be it.

The market crash is bigger than 2008, this isn't speculation or scaremongering now, it's real.

Shares and pound plunge on Leave vote - BBC News
    The girl your parent's warned you about.... LS Swapped '80 Camaro - forged pistons, Cammotion 236/242, .621/.612, flowed and milled 317 heads. MS3X. 4L80e, 12 bolt, 4.11, Moroso brute strength posi, steel shafts. FTI 4000 stall converter. Subframe connectors, g-braces, solid body bushes, carbon hood and front bumper...

I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because the pound has already dropped against the euro and other currencies and will keep dropping.

so if yesterday we bought telecomms equipment at a certain exchange rate, due to the drop, today is more expensive. bear in mind radio equipment (stuff I design day to day) cost in the excess of 50k.... a complicated design, can cost in excess of 500k.... its a big difference in the overall cost.

Another example... that dude who gets parts from summit racing and LMC truck and ships over from the US, who does the dollar for pound thing? (if it shows 20 dollars on the catalogue, it's 20 quid) that's going to stop as well.

small examples of how things will dramatically change.
    Exactly this....

We are a UK manufacturer, our costs have just skyrocketed as we have to import materials and equipment to integrate into our products, enough to wipe out profit margins on many of our products.

The market won't accept price rises as a result, so what are we to do?
    The girl your parent's warned you about.... LS Swapped '80 Camaro - forged pistons, Cammotion 236/242, .621/.612, flowed and milled 317 heads. MS3X. 4L80e, 12 bolt, 4.11, Moroso brute strength posi, steel shafts. FTI 4000 stall converter. Subframe connectors, g-braces, solid body bushes, carbon hood and front bumper...

American Truck importer v8.jimmy's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont understand the house market bit, was just the guys here at work saying, 2 of them really ****ed off because they just only bought a house last week.
    only a problem if they planned on selling again soon. So they are in negative equity, so what? as long as they still work and can still pay the mortgage it makes no difference. If they are on a similar salary to yourself where you have told us on more than one occasion that you pay more in tax than the average person's salary, then it will matter even less to them, and you'll be able to buy a mansion once the market drops but your salary doesn't. Big garage for your truck, Oh and also, your truck may well just be worth 10% more now as the cost of importing from the States has just gone up with the pound crashing, so there will be less fresh imports if people are not prepared to pay the extra costs (which they wont be as I think we're almost at a level that people don't want to pay any higher). Certainly, I'll have to reconsider some of the stuff I have earmakred for import, might just let it go over there. The next container I pay for will be the benchmark.
    Last edited by v8.jimmy; 24-06-2016 at 08:11. Reason: bad pselling

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information