Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  83
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 53 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpopracing View Post
    I always maintained immigration was a red herring.
    They will insist on free movement - we may buy more from them but they cant deal with us on it or all other countries will want similar deals and the entire premise of the EU is freedom of movement.
    What will happen is they will hang out on a deal for 1 year, 11 months & 30 days so we are absolutely desperate to trade and force us to give in.
    Don't blame them really - it's how business works.
    Imigration was a red herring

We buy from the EU countries NONE of which can afford to lose us as a big customer, we sell an ammount to EU countries

We need to stay firm and not agree to free movement, look at the undemocratic responses.......and the obviouse countries of power France and Germany neither of which are bothered about the UK

The demand has not changed...access to the single market is by free movement and a large fee........IT HAS NOT CHANGED BECAUSE THEY HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO BARTER, SELL, THREATEN OR BRIBE us with

If it was a game of poker they would be crap at it because they keep telling us how poor there hand is

We just need to wait and stay strong and focused

And yes I voted out and would again, nothing has happened so far to make me even think about voting differently
    IT'S NOT GETTING WHAT YOU WANT...IT'S WANTING WHAT YOUVE GOT

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can someone explain the trade stuff to me.

At the mo,i can buy just about anything i want from any country in the world.if outside the eu,i pay custom charges.

Im guessing these charges are set by our government.so if they cant come up with a trade deal with the eu,surely its just up to our government,whether they want to impose import duties on goods from the eu,and up to the eu if they want to impose their own duties.

Wouldnt it be in everyones interest,to have zero or low import duties.dont understand why they have to tie that in with the free movement of people
    Rod/custom/drag build profiles:
    Mini | Pop | Porker | Trike | Morris 8

| 48 chevy coupe | ford f100 | tube chassis,d pop

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I could explain it fully I would surprise myself.

But I'll try, if you are in the EU there are no tariffs on trade between countries.

If you are outside you pay the CET(?) common external tariff when you export to the EU.

Incoming tariffs are at the discretion of a non EU state.

The EU is founded on free trade (internally at least) and free movement, no country has yet negotiated a free trade deal (Norway, Switzerland) without taking the free movement.

We are **** at negotiating in Europe, look at all previous deals.

We can trade with anyone if we are in or out of the EU, in we have to comply with the EU negotiated trade deal with that country. This also saves us the hassle of getting a deal

Note the difference between "free trade deal" and "trade deal", one has no tariffs.

Thats the best of my understanding.

As for your last question, yes, but countries try to protect their industries.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Comedy
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisvs View Post
    Saw this on Facebook, seems to sum the situation up:

So, let me get this straight... the leader of the opposition campaigned to stay but secretly wanted to leave, so his party held a non-binding vote to shame him into resigning so someone else could lead the campaign to ignore the result of the non-binding referendum which many people now think was just angry people trying to shame politicians into seeing they'd all done nothing to help them.

Meanwhile, the man who campaigned to leave because he hoped losing would help him win the leadership of his party, accidentally won and ruined any chance of leading because the man who thought he couldn't lose, did - but resigned before actually doing the thing the vote had been about. The man who'd always thought he'd lead next, campaigned so badly that everyone thought he was lying when he said the economy would crash - and he was, but it did, but he's not resigned, but, like the man who lost and the man who won, also now can't become leader. Which means the woman who quietly campaigned to stay but always said she wanted to leave is likely to become leader instead.

Which means she holds the same view as the leader of the opposition but for opposite reasons, but her party's view of this view is the opposite of the opposition's. And the opposition aren't yet opposing anything because the leader isn't listening to his party, who aren't listening to the country, who aren't listening to experts or possibly paying that much attention at all. However, none of their opponents actually want to be the one to do the thing that the vote was about, so there's not yet anything actually on the table to oppose anyway. And if no one ever does do the thing that most people asked them to do, it will be undemocratic and if any one ever does do it, it will be awful.

Clear?

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mattblack View Post
    The ****s waving their remain placards and demanding a re-run of the vote will be at an 'anti globalization' protest next week...
    it baffles me how these people think.....placard saying "I'm not British, I'm European"......well **** off to Estonia, see how you like it there !
    High tec rods.....elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    So.. has anyone been buying any parts from the US recently?

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimleonard View Post
    it baffles me how these people think.....placard saying "I'm not British, I'm European"......well **** off to Estonia, see how you like it there !

errmm.. wasn't Winston Churchill the first to say that?

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by [JP] View Post
    I have .why.

Along with other stuff i purchased some mufflers last week.even with a poor exchange rate,with shipping it was only pound a doller.

Back to trade with the eu.what about vat.if i buy from the usa i pay no vat/ sales tax.

If i buy from the eu,i pay vat in tge country i purchase from.would thst stop.could make eu stuff quite cheap
    Rod/custom/drag build profiles:
    Mini | Pop | Porker | Trike | Morris 8

| 48 chevy coupe | ford f100 | tube chassis,d pop

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody View Post
    I have .why.

Along with other stuff i purchased some mufflers last week.even with a poor exchange rate,with shipping it was only pound a doller.
    Juat wondering. before this Brexit thing I was thinking of buying a drum to disc conversion kit (was about 890 dollars) but since the drop in the exchange rate I guess now it will be more expensive to buy?
    not sure what to do... if to wait and see if it gets better, or get on with it before it gets worse?

Steve Lang used to do dollar for pound, which was quite handy on working out prices etc, but now he's not doing that anymore, so things are more expensive.

dammit... should have bought everything I wanted before the vote.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by [JP] View Post
    Yes, 4 American Racing wheels, 2 BFG tyres and a load of parts for my 55 Chevy. Everything was made in China except maybe the tyres which are made by a French owned company.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 53 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information