Likes Likes:  83
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast
    Official RnS Addict insanityvans's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stonefree View Post

You're wrong they sought to form a government ,or have an "Administration" to lead the government out Europe,Cameron was an arse for proposing the thing in the first place, and it was done in short time which was wrong IMO Boris saw it as a way to get Cameron's job, Farage ??..........nonetheless they proposed an alternative ,to the current if you like status quo, part of that strategy is or was to have alternatives to an outcome of a positive result (for them)...So they should have had a plan!!! .....a couple of game of chess , or a read at Sun Tzu ....Would have done them more good,,,,,The pair of Half Wits though they were playing Tig in the Public School Play ground.......that is why they should have had a plan
    NOPE....you're wrong. Firstly, it was the GOVERNMENTS duty to have ALL bases covered, not to be so arrogant that it never occurred to them that a f'kin big part of this country was ****ed off by the way it was being run. Also, the GOVERNMENT banned ANY department from having or even planning for the event of a a leave vote. The terms of the referendum were to garner the public preference on whether to remain in the EU. Technically the government does not have to implement it. It is parliament's and in particular the governments fault that there was no plan either way. How could those not in positions of power have plan that was credible? That is ridiculous.
    Creator of fine sawdust from solid wood!

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict insanityvans's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
    I hate to be the one to bring some basic maths to this thread, but…

UK Debt is actually £1,700,000,000,000 (give, or take, a bit)
    The United Kingdom National Debt Clock 2016 Counter >> nationaldebtclock.co.uk

So you are out by a factor of 10 million times the real answer.

As a guide, the USA (No.1 economy in the world) had a debt of £19,000,000,000,000 (again, give, or take, a bit).
    U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

There may be a lot of things wrong with this country, however…
    - We are NOT some 3rd world / tin pot country.
    - We are still the 5th biggest economy in a world of almost 200 countries.
    - We are one of only 5 permanent members of the UN Security Council.
    - We are one of only 9 countries in the world with nuclear weapons.
    ( Regardless of whether you think that is a good, or bad, thing. )

Which is why I fully expect the UK to continue punching above its weight going forward.
    ( Provided everyone stops talking this country down. )

Although, ideally, the UK’s wealth should be spread around a bit more fairly going forward too.

Cheers, Paul.
    Very well put......with facts!
    Creator of fine sawdust from solid wood!

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I stand to be corrected, that said Johnston and Gove being a minister and a a former mayor, should have some idea ,, I believe that the whole of the Tory party have an inbred perception that they are superstars and can do no wrong,Well guess what ......Cameron was desperate to win it , maybe a longer period before having it, remember He wanted it the same time as the Scottish elections,and North Britain says "That's far too early " so he puts it back a fortnight

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    well it's the best we have ....thankfully .the Labour Party have not been and hopefully never will return to any sort of power,

Official RnS Addict streetfighter's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stonefree View Post
    Well I stand to be corrected, that said Johnston and Gove being a minister and a a former mayor, should have some idea ,, I believe that the whole of the Tory party have an inbred perception that they are superstars and can do no wrong,Well guess what ......Cameron was desperate to win it , maybe a longer period before having it, remember He wanted it the same time as the Scottish elections,and North Britain says "That's far too early " so he puts it back a fortnight
    Isn't Scotland going it's own way and staying in the eu?
    Its no good in the garage, Drive it!

American Truck importer v8.jimmy's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=streetfighter;3846377]Isn't Scotland going it's own way and staying in the eu?[/QUOTE

Hopefully not!!

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by streetfighter View Post
    Presuming of course that the EU will actually allow Scotland access - reality is they probably won't as it will open the flood gates for other 'sub' countries to do something similar!

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    hasn't Spain already said it'll veto Scotland joining the EU independently from the UK, as it's worried the Catalan region will want to do the same to them......
    Last edited by thisYup; 16-07-2016 at 08:37.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    If it can,BUT the problem is that over 60% voted to stay in the EU, and the Administration , , is bound to follow the demand of the people, (the basis is that Scotland is a Sovereign nation as described in the Treaty of Arbroath , and it long and winded and it getting late, I explain if you want) That being the case the SNP need to try to stay in , ....that's the theory, the Union was a partnership, yet England is dictating that Scotland gets draw out of the EU, I've bored myself rigid , reading the arguments over this, and biased or not there has been nothing to say that the country should leave, and the talk of Greenland Norway and the rest , is clouding the issue,It not helped by the fact that Scotland is tried to rUK........and as for a Second Indy , Please bear in mind the subject is not brought up by the SNP but by Ruth Davidson constantly.
    The timing the EU referendum was totally,Then folk change their minds
    There are rumours floating about, coming from the Conservative Party this all started over a bet between Cameron and Johnston, a bit like Trading Places

hasn't Spain already said it'll veto Scotland joining the EU independently from the UK, as it's worried the Catalan region will want to so the same to them......
    the minister appears to have been quoted out of context

If you read the bit at Spain it clarifies it a fair bit

Wings Over Scotland | Our Friends In Europa

'sub' countries
    With respect I've pointed out it's a Sovereign Nation, so it ain't no sub country,

For the life of me I never thought I'd recalling Higher History on a car forum...lol

Hopefully not!!
    I think In is better,I can see where you coming from,Small and Micro** businesses and all that goes with it( Been there done that and saw the financial crash coming and sold up) but consider that in France,Germany the Benelux countries ,in fact all over the EU small businesses flourish ,

**The European Commission defines a micro-business as one which has fewer than. ten employees and a turnover or balance sheet total of less than €2 million

Official RnS Addict streetfighter's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    its Johnson, not Johnston. looks like He's the busiest job in the cabinet at the moment.
    Its no good in the garage, Drive it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information