Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NoJive 55 View Post
    For the record the NSRA do a real fine job(No joke).... they just got the Forum thing wrong Big Time......
    How Lucky are we……..

Si, you going to have to tell us why you started R-n-S

Bob…..
    So I could make a million and retire lol.

Nah, I agree with what you said above fully

Why did I start this place ?
    This isn't going to come across well and is going to look like **** stirring but it's what happened, what I felt, what led me to set up this site and you asked .
    Plenty has changed since that night and this place has truly wowed even myself.

I started this place because I was asked to.

I'd thought about doing it for about a year prior to the April thing but dismissed it as i'd had enough grief from the first forum I set up (under similar circumstances). The urge to set one up was through frustration that came from well meant help and advice that was shunned due to people not 'wanting' or being unwilling to accept and allow a change for the better. Trying to improve a situation for the good of an organisation. Some were appreciative of the experience and advice however it appeared to be not something that was wanted in the grand scheme of things by the 'decision makers'. A resolution was not the desired solution.

Anyway, things went on, the persistence to help remained right up until a few days before the lockout. I was talking to a mate who said "You ought to set one [a forum] up". Turned out he'd been speaking to some guys off the NSRA and passed them my details. Next thing I know there's a couple more people asking me to set up a site. Then a couple more.

Again, the frustration was there at the time based on the misdirected explanations behind the changes and each poor excuse being dismissed with facts. At that point it became obvious that the change was happening regardless of reasoned talks so I thought feck it.

I'll build a site to prove that the reasons and excuses didn't stand up, that the financial aspect was nowhere near as severe as suggested, that the arguments and fights were mainly down to the way the situations were handled rather than the people that were being shut out and above all that people should have a place where they can enjoy their hobby without being forced to pay for the privilege. The internet is cheap an useful.
    Also as a way to prove that had the suggestions, advice and support been taken on board and accepted for what it was (to improve the site not to change the NSRA) then things could have worked out well.

Bear in mind, things could also have gone down the opposite path and shown me as being the delusional one.

So I did it. I racked my brain (didn't take long it's only small) and the only name I could think of to register was Rods 'n' Sods (as a play on words of Odds 'n' Sods which is what I felt we were) so I bought it on the evening of the 18th of April and then bought the vBulletin software.

The next morning I started work on the site and I told the wife and my mate about the name. They both went "Errr ... wasn't there anything else". Great start

It was too late by then cos it was stuck in my head that it'd work so I built the site.

2 days later Rods 'n Sods was launched

I was a little nervous at the start but seeing the support it got very earlier on proved that it had great potential to become a necessary part of hotrodding history.

Started through anger and frustration but built with no prejudice in mind either. All were welcome with a clean slate including those that I was angry with and frustrated by.

The rest is history

So there we have it, I started this place because I was asked to.
    If people want something then I'll give it to them, I don't want anything back as i'm content when I can see others happy.
    I'm the same in real life as I am on here. When I built this place i'd been unemployed (and on no benefits) for over a year through redundancy at my last job.

My project has been on hold for the last 18 months through lack of funds, it's only been the last few months where work has been trickling in

Hopefully this all offers an insight and sorry it took so long to write
    Meep Meep.
    My Intro

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Long live KING Si.................... Three cheers.......................................................................
    "…si quid habet mammas vel rotas, res habebis difficiles aliquando,"
    "Carpe diem" -Quintus Horatius Flaccus (65 BC – 8 BC).

What Would the Dude Do?

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

rodsnsods

ppl can slag me off for posting this reply....but ive now got a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye after reading the boss s post and no theres no just a heartfelt thanx for givin me and others like me somewhere to go

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrquickwhip View Post
    ppl can slag me off for posting this reply....but ive now got a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye after reading the boss s post and no theres no just a heartfelt thanx for givin me and others like me somewhere to go
    Well said............................. Dave.
    "…si quid habet mammas vel rotas, res habebis difficiles aliquando,"
    "Carpe diem" -Quintus Horatius Flaccus (65 BC – 8 BC).

What Would the Dude Do?

Official RnS Addict graingermouse's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunna View Post
    and sorry it took so long to write
    so long?, only just over an hour mate.
    reckon that was pretty quick, very clear and understandable.

ive gotta say, tho ive always loved yank cars until this site popped up i hadnt been on any forums about them or rodding, so i know nothing of the NSRA issue. but sometimes you just cant fix something, you have to get a new one, and judging by this sites popularity youve clearly got it right

Official RnS Addict insanityvans's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sqweaka View Post
    thought you ment you had to move a million of my posts to the correct section...lol

if we all can form a big circle, then all turn to the left and pat the member in front of you on the back, for a job well done!
    If we turn to the left, there wont be a member in front?????? lol lol lol

Seriously, congrats to all who run the site and to all who contribute. I keep looking in cos i know there will be something of interest in one of the threads.
    Well done again!
    Creator of fine sawdust from solid wood!

Official RnS Addict Bro Pete 57's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    To captian and crew, thanks a million.
    Pete Robbins

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 59Impala View Post
    Well it's a great site with good people normally getting along splendidly. A pat on the back all round I say.
    what he said

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Si. You wrote "If people want some thing then I'll give it to them". Well I want a 55 Nomad. Red and white if theres a choice. Seriously though. Thanks for giving me many many hours of fun and many many moans from the other half for having many hours of fun. Ken.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Is there time to retrospectively add " that I have "
    Meep Meep.
    My Intro

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information