Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you love about the scene

Hello All

I have come back from a nice afternoon in Shoreham and thought to myself what a great time I am having. About 2 - 3 months ago I was sitting in my front room 46 years old and children almost gone and thought how can I make my life better. I went over to beuleigh on a Sunday, peak summer day, actually fathers day and saw all these great Rods and the I remembered all the days I was on Southend Seafront watching the cruise and how much I loved the noise and the styles of all the cars.
    I had a chat with my partner Heidi and thought lets buy one and immediately started to look. I had a small budget about 6K to start with a promise that if I kept it for 2 years there would be more funds. I looked around and up come Popahollic a 1959 pop 3 ltr V6 in Wolverhampton 200 miles away and after many discussiond I phoned the guy up. What a gent he was although he was a Brum and he even brought the car down. Went out had lunch and enjoyed the whole day.
    I am now armed with "my dream" and insurance etc was put in place. Club I joined the Boneshakers and again a great team of people. I have since been to 1066, The Nationals, A21, Brighton Cruise, Shoreham and have been having the time of my life meeting so many people and all nice, friendly people. My question is whats your best time and why did you come into the scene?

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm only here to pick up chicks
    I joined a nudest colony the other week . The first few days were the hardest ...

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
    They don''t like Rods though lol

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never had any comlaints about mine
    I joined a nudest colony the other week . The first few days were the hardest ...

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Had a van or two since the mid seventies, started with a split screen VW bus [wish I still had it] now have a black Dodge and a CF, IF the chick likes it why waste time taking her home...........................
    "…si quid habet mammas vel rotas, res habebis difficiles aliquando,"
    "Carpe diem" -Quintus Horatius Flaccus (65 BC – 8 BC).

What Would the Dude Do?

Exceeded sell by date Plumpcars's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
    Hasn't worked for me!

Official RnS Addict ZEPHYRV8CHRIS's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr8h8me View Post
    Hello All

I have come back from a nice afternoon in Shoreham and thought to myself what a great time I am having. About 2 - 3 months ago I was sitting in my front room 46 years old and children almost gone and thought how can I make my life better. I went over to beuleigh on a Sunday, peak summer day, actually fathers day and saw all these great Rods and the I remembered all the days I was on Southend Seafront watching the cruise and how much I loved the noise and the styles of all the cars.
    I had a chat with my partner Heidi and thought lets buy one and immediately started to look. I had a small budget about 6K to start with a promise that if I kept it for 2 years there would be more funds. I looked around and up come Popahollic a 1959 pop 3 ltr V6 in Wolverhampton 200 miles away and after many discussiond I phoned the guy up. What a gent he was although he was a Brum and he even brought the car down. Went out had lunch and enjoyed the whole day.
    I am now armed with "my dream" and insurance etc was put in place. Club I joined the Boneshakers and again a great team of people. I have since been to 1066, The Nationals, A21, Brighton Cruise, Shoreham and have been having the time of my life meeting so many people and all nice, friendly people. My question is whats your best time and why did you come into the scene?
    Same as you realy mate, me and my dad went to the shows and we loved all the cars we see.
    My dad was into customising in the Seventies and had all sorts of cars including a customised Series 1 XJ6.
    Then one day when i was about 18 i picked up Custom Car or some other magazine and i saw a MK2 Zodiac in there for not alot of money.
    I showed it to my dad and i said i realy wanted it, so went and looked at it
    bought it, drove it home and never looked back.
    Then started going to cruises with it and started meeting real nice people who have become realy good mates of mine.
    Thing is when i started on this journey i new nothing about this game and i have learnt so much over the past ten years and thats all down to nice people i have met along the way. and im still learning!!!
    That car i bought back then was a peice of crap realy and i should have left it where it was but when the bug gets ya it gets ya good and i just couldn't wait to get him home and fit my new Cragar rims and get it jacked up lol
    But i owe that car alot, hadnt i got that car i wouldn't have the friends i have to today.
    God bless the scene lol
    Last edited by ZEPHYRV8CHRIS; 14-09-2009 at 12:35.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's the being different, can't stand plastic modern rubbish, you have got to stand out from the mindless football sorts of today, ( oh and German car drivers ). loved it since I was a young lad, and never looked back since, just wish I could afford a rod aswell as the rest of my toys.

Official RnS Addict ROCKIN WOLEY's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just read your thread sounds familiar, however I think being in the garage and creating is all part of the rodding life style. The shows and club life will always be special as well, As for the chicks Im 57 and been stung twice so the cars and cars and cars will always be formost on the fun scale. So if warming your tyres down and Burning petrol is ya thing: good on yaJeff

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

wat do i like

the building playin in garage,people shows the strip,cruises,and the smell of rubber

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information