Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

What happened to the 'virus funnies' thread ?

17K views 169 replies 38 participants last post by  choppedblownpop 
#1 ·
Well, have I missed something ?

#8 ·
mark says it was someone from whover owns the site.could of been because a lot of swearing,but the same company own yellowbullet,and everything goes there.

anyway as you read it,use youre best donald impression.its hard not to.

i have a theory. when he got to eight years old,his brain stopped progressing and has stayed at that age ever sinse

#14 ·
Personally I am glad it was removed. it was bad taste.
Virus Funnies seems an insensitive title to me.
These posts could have easily been put in the "we need more jokes" section.
when you personally know people who have lost someone or have lost someone close due to this, virus and funny just don't mix.

#19 · (Edited)
As of this moment in time Just under 3000 people and their families in the UK think there is nothing at all funny about the virus and I very much doubt all the good folk on the frontline wont either.

You are quite correct, there was a post in there stating "there is no cure for stupid" shame really.

I will not comment any further in this thread as other statements I have read include "never argue with an idiot as he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience"

#20 ·
I think the British have a reputation of laughing in the face of adversity - we have a dark humour as a nation.

None of the posts imo were about the virus impact on humans - more really as a pressure relief against the horror of the situation.

As the old saying goes "you have to laugh - or else you'll cry".

#24 ·
I'm in the front line and it's a welcome break. Silly ones like the cat leaving the radio on etc.

By far and away funniest thingever I have is on messenger but can't copy.
Hitler giving a speech waving both hands, broad scouser f'ing and blinding about two fooking metres apart till the fookin pubs reopen.
Watched it a hundred times:pmsl:

#25 ·
Complaints about titles.

Fucking Muppet cunts getting threads removed..next their be complaining about a title with a reference to a car in it because they once

Knew someone who was run over.

The world's full of dumb stupid cunts and we have them on here.they walk among us

#29 · (Edited)
I can't see what the fuss is about, all the jokes I've seen are about isolation and the social effects. Of course the visus deaths are not funny. Idon't think anybody is laughing at them either.
However there are two issues here, the social, financial effects of this will still be with us long after the virus is gone. We need to have a sense of humor about this and I can't see that a few jokes about bog roll hoarders and cats leaving the radio on are doing any harm..

Our grandfathers generation that fought two world wars and one of the things that helped them get through it was the constant piss taking and comic songs about the enemy.

#30 ·
Yes, folk used to listen to Lord Haw Haw for a laugh when it was supposed to be Nazi propaganda designed to demoralise us.

Here's a question: Has the British sense of humour changed? We're known for our irony (or sarcasm as my Mum used to put it), but does stuff now have to be more literal?

#31 ·
Big Joe your spot on with, Our grandfathers generation that fought two world wars and one of the things that helped them get through it was the constant piss taking and comic songs about the enemy.
This world is to politically correct now, nobody is laughing at the tragedies that seem to be getting worse each day, but as you know whenever something bad happens to somewhere or to someone, there’s a joke out within a short space of time, so why should this be any different.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.