Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  115
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    After reassembling the Frisky, I moved onto another long time project. I bought this MG Midget when I was at college in Bournemouth in 1992. Stripped it and welded it the following year. It’s pretty much been propped up against various walls ever since.
    I decided that since I’m furloughed it was now or never for it. So underside and engine bay painted and back onto rebuilt suspension. First time it’s been a roller since June 2000. Hopefully in paint next week.

2. Likeschoppedblownpop liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's been a busy few days (relatively speaking). thursday evening ashley came round and helped me get my transit down onto the drive, sounds weird but that side of my drive slopes up to next doors drive so i drove the van up on 2 metal ramps, both on the n/s so it sat level. this made it's shed like use more practical for the last 3 odd years. anyway it either needed an mot so it was useful again or breaking/scrapping. yesterday morning i checked all the lights, 1 sidelight bulb out so easily fixed and a pair of new wipers fitted. off for the mot in the afternoon and all it needed was a tyre (i have 2 new but didn't pay to get them fitted in case it failed dismally on rust), 2 bits of welding and a metal brake pipe it'd been advised on at the last mot 4 ish years ago. so not bad really. today i got the new tyres fitted to the spare and failed wheels ready to fit and did the chassis welding n/s/r. then i swapped the front tyre to the n/s/r (both new are going on the front) and removed the bad brake pipe ready to make a new one in the morning.
    this was broken up mid day when ashley arrived with his zephyr so we could free up the sticky front calipers, check and adjust the rear brakes, check and top up the diff oil and swap out the cracked thermostat housing.
    last and best job was we pushed the valiant into the garage so i can make a start
    neil.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just got a subpoena to attend a criminal trial as a witness for the next 4 days.
    Problem is the case is from 2012, and I can't remember anything about it

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NMNeil View Post
    Just got a subpoena to attend a criminal trial as a witness for the next 4 days.
    Problem is the case is from 2012, and I can't remember anything about it
    I've often thought that would be the case eg what were you doing on the night of 12th Sept 2014? Have you an alibi? Err.............

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    i finished up the mot work on my transit today, brake pipe done and bled and o/s/f chassis welded. the inside of the chassis where the engine crossmember bolts up was holed and a bugger to get to what with the crossmember and power steering pipes right there. so i cut the rusty hole out on the outside a bit bigger so i could put the repair plate in from the inside where it was easy to fully weld it. i took a pic with my phone before i closed up the outside so i can show the tester if he queries why he can't see a plate or welding there.
    neil.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    van moted and taxed yesterday so i thought i'd better make it useful. ashley came round after work and after putting my valiant on the drive (again!) we emptied it out. we counted the roof sheets as we unloaded them and i've got more than enough to clad the whole of the new building i'm putting up over the road, result. it means i'll now be able to afford enough osb to do the walls as well as the roof under the tin sheets. that'll help control the temps inside a bit which is good.
    neil.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    You will have to post up your workshop build Neil, mine was flat packed in a roll on off skip for 18 months sat in the corner of our yard at work (waste transfer station )
    I put notices on the bin saying it belonged to me and not to remove anything , at one point I thought some of the steels had gone , luckily everything was there when I unloaded it
    Good luck with yours

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information