Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  7
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have too many bits to do and no propper routine:
    I ether have the time or the funds, rarely both
    Old classic race boat.... Between December and May every bit of spare time when its not raining (has to be done outdoors)
    Mk3 Zodiac........the poor relation gets as much time as I can spare from May onwards when it's not raining (no garage)
    Zodiac engine build......stalled due to lack of funding
    Various old Seagull outboard motors.......when nothing else to do.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Welding Guru
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    The reason for my workload is down to a really good wife!! Letting me get away with it.
    Lets me do my thing anytime i want and come out with a statement that may surprise a few.
    Finished my fairlane and she said " you have 3 sons so you need to get 2 other cars!"
    Would have bugger all without her support.

4. Likeskapri, alleykat liked this post
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Further to my earlier post:
    Planned to have to some time in the garage this afternoon. Got out there about 2.30. At 2.45 my daughter arrived with her car needing brake bulb replaced for MOT on Monday. 1 Brake Bulb and cup of tea took 30mins. 4.30 time to take one of the dogs for a walk. Got back outside about 5.30 where I managed to stay uninterrupted 'till about 7.30. All in all got about 3hrs 30mins doing what I wanted to do - today was actually a good day. Plan more time outside tomorrow afternoon but will need to break off early 'cause books need doing and invoices for business need doing so I can post them on Monday
    Busy on Monday morning but plan to get back on the car Monday afternoon - unless something else crops up . . . . .

American Truck importer v8.jimmy's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't had any time in several years now to work on one of my own vehicles. I have a bike I haven't been on in 6 years, 2005 Sportster with 1700 miles on the clock! A speedboat I haven't had out in 7 years so up for sale. The '57 BelAir is now needing a good freshen up but haven't had time. Just bought the wife a '56 Thunderbird, in the process of registration so I need to get it in the 'shop asap and go through the safety stuff so she can use it once registered. I have a '57 Chevy panel van project for myself, not started yet as my mate has my 2 post ramp filled up with his '58 GMC panel van project........... Also got a '55 Chevy 3800 wrecker from California with only 17000 miles on it, needing restored and haven't even looked at it yet and it's been here 2 years...........

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Cortina being stored a 1/2 hour drive away means I can only really get a couple of hours in on a Sat/Sun afternoon. I did have a few evening sessions in the summer but it all depended on being arsed after work. I was hoping to have it back on the road this summer but the 'quick tidy up' turned out to be not so quick after all...
    50 shades of grey primer....

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I was fit and working it was 4 hours a night Mon -Friday and at least 8 hours Saturday and Sunday ...no kids back then either. At that rate I could produce a new build in about 12 months.

Now a couple of hours a day but spread over the day as pain prevents doing it for too long.

With a finished ground up project taking around 1000 hours some may need to review having more than one project Spoken from experience

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Currently working 40hr week, from work i go down to my mates bodyshop for a couple of hours, prepping the car, back home quick tea and into the garage for a hour or so, Sat normally in garage then late on Sunday back in garage, most weeks.
    Cant say its easy and i keep getting the black dog biting, just gotta keep chipping away the clock is ticking chaps!!!
    If quitters never win, and winners never cheat, then who is the fool who said "Quit while you're ahead"

10. Likesalleykat liked this post
    Welding Guru
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    I drive 6 miles to my place and i have kitted it out so it has everything i need. Toilet and washing facilities, full kitchen, heating, good lighting, good sound system. And a parts supplier within walking distance. Major stores (asda bq toolstation screwfix all within a mile) mcdonalds is 400yds away.
    Made sure i had no excuses not to get here and get on with it.
    Can turn things around quite quick and leave some projects on the back burner while doing others and some for other people.
    Will have 4 previously mentioned rides ready for July.
    Just upkeep and driving after that. Have a ride for anytype of weather (68 c10 stepside is the shop truck for rainy days)

I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    go to garage, unlock door ,go in, look at truck, scratch head,walk to front , open bonnet, scratch head , walk out , lock door, go to pub

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tuckers View Post
    go to garage, unlock door ,go in, look at truck, scratch head,walk to front , open bonnet, scratch head , walk out , lock door, go to pub
    If you skip everything prior to the "Going to the pub", I think you're on a winner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information