Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  7
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Official RnS Addict legendlives's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heavychevy View Post
    I try to do something every day, this means the project doesn't stall and you realise you need parts etc and can order them before they hold you up.
    Yep, me too.
    Fortunately I work in a city which means there's no point leaving on time, so I spend at least an hour every day in the fab room whilst I wait for the queues to dissipate.
    Unfortunately I tend to spend wholly too much time making pretty things that will never be seen!

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    couple of night a week and maybe a half a day each week end. Wife, kids and 14 hour working days have seen of any future prospect of getting a car finished.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I had my lockup I did a couple of hours 4 or 5 nights a week including a longer session on a Friday.
    Since I had to move out of that I found it difficult to get everything relocated and get back into it, plus some work on the house got in the way.
    Trying to do something most nights now, even if it's research or part chasing.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    every morning before shave and shower.
    sent from my Commodore vic 32

6. Likesheavychevy liked this post
    Forum Sponsor RAYS CLASSICS.COM's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tuckers View Post
    go to garage, unlock door ,go in, look at truck, scratch head,walk to front , open bonnet, scratch head , walk out , lock door, go to pub
    nothing much changed then Ian I seem to recall we used to do the same thing back in the 70,s when you were still in folkestone except half the time we never even made in the garage , it would be unlock the door have a look in lock it up & straight down the pub where would sit & talk about what we were going to do !.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Depends on what I am focused on and the time of the year. If it is chassis build time like at the moment, 3 hours Monday Tuesday Wednesday and Friday evening with 8 to 10 hours at the weekend. More if If I can. I like to start the chassis build in the Autumn as the garden takes up much less time and I spend less time enjoying sitting in it when the light nights finish.

I will spend a minimum 20 hours a week, most important thing is have a clear plan of what you want to achieve in the allotted time BEFORE you open the garage door. I build a car a year from ground up doing everything myself.

Sue is away this weekend so late nights and 40 hours of pure enjoyment ahead.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's the kinda plan I followed. Worked a treat in this long hot summer. Got shed loads done but am drained.

Just niggly jobs left for winter and have also decided now on an insitu 9" makeover rather than pull it all off during the rainy season. But mainly with frequent cheap trips to Alicante gonna tinker with a chums tired XK8 IN THE SUNSHINE

If I had the talent and the funds I'd have a workshop in Spain and ship projects out to work on em all year round - blue skies and warm air make a hell of a difference. :-)

10. Likesalleykat liked this post
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kustom Jim View Post
    That's the kinda plan I followed. Worked a treat in this long hot summer. Got shed loads done but am drained.

Just niggly jobs left for winter and have also decided now on an insitu 9" makeover rather than pull it all off during the rainy season. But mainly with frequent cheap trips to Alicante gonna tinker with a chums tired XK8 IN THE SUNSHINE

If I had the talent and the funds I'd have a workshop in Spain and ship projects out to work on em all year round - blue skies and warm air make a hell of a difference. :-)
    We all know it can get too cold to work outside or in an unheated workshop, particularly for those of us of advanced years, but there may also be too hot. I wonder if there's an optimum temperature of say 10 to 20 degrees, if you're wearing oily boilys. Hasten to add as a kid I'd be outside on a frosty day tinkering with my Beeza with hand frozen to the spanner. Bit softer now.

Welding Guru
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    I have 3 propane gas heaters in my shop. Monster size andrews to knock any chill off and a little fireball if its not freezing. Then i switch over to a bullfinch dustbin heater to just keep it at 15 degrees or so.
    Makes all the difference to me as i can stay in there for hours and just potter on.
    Been known to do two 18hr shifts before now when the wife was away with mates one weekend.
    That and having all the gear and planned well allows me to plough on without any hold ups.
    Having a few projects on the go and the space to work round them lets me shift from one to the other when i am waiting on something to cool down after welding or cure from adhesive or between painting (only clean non dusty work while painting as my booth air intake is inside the shop).

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are all softies, no heating ever, usually work with the door open. Biggest difference is working on an insulated floor as against a concrete floor.

You need to work faster.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information