Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its the application of existing Ideas that makes them appear to be new.................

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    i get a bit of paper and start drawing ,til it looks roughly right .then look at similar cars to see whether there proprtions are similar to mine . basically i assume i am wrong , so check with others , it usually works out to be pretty close .

basic idea principle ...is i make a car or bike design that has not been done before , so i can drive a unique vehicle , and know that as i drive it its a unique bit of test piloting i am doing , i find this very exciting .

also the scrap metal i can get my hands on decides a lot of the detail.

also the tools i have available , my latest project i built bodywise using solely a 115mm angle grinder a 150 a mig and 1963 lathe .vice , tin snips ,a bag of sand ,and a hammer.any heavy plate cutting out was drilled and ground .

i often have little idea how to solve a problem until i go into the cave and offer up bits of metal from the scrap bin ,,and sometimes look back later on and think that was way better than i expected .

a key help is to always realise whatever you do can be changed later , and not to worry about opinions .

regards
    robert
    Bicester scramble ,Medusa enjoyed the trip.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-7I7-nA19U

4. Likesweldtech, 296moon liked this post
    Welding Guru
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Was hoping you would reply to this Robert taking into account what you have created.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    As Robert says, limted funds or tools = thinking = createtivity = How the **** did he do that?................................

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information