Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why is it ...

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Why is it ...

That people take what's in an email as gospel ?

Even more so if it contains the words "Honestly, this is true I checked it out" towards the top.

Tons of people claim we shouldn't believe things written in newspapers or shown on the news yet the moment an email comes through claiming to be "fully backed up" or "a warning you should be aware of" etc. it's instantly believed and either forwarded on or posted up on the net without a second thought

Another givaway is when some of them claim to be local yet have currency in dollars or wording that is Americanized for example.

Is it just because it's come from someone in your address book ? Do you assume that they've checked out the info as they wouldn't have sent it without looking into it surely ?

What makes email the medium that needs no proof behind it to be believable ?

I'm not ranting about this, it's genuine confusion. It's just a form of technically evolved chain letters.

I suppose the same goes for the ones that read as "this is a nice little poem, there's even a picture of a cute little puppy or baby attached, but if you don't send it on to 30 people in your address book you'll never find happiness again ... trust us, this message comprised of zeros and ones has a direct link to (one of many) Gods and can seriously impair your future if you don't comply in time"

I've dealt with this kind of stuff for the majority of my working life. I've just never been able to understand WHY people continue to send this stuff on and/or post it up on the net without checking up on it themselves.

On the other hand, it does explain why so many people seem to get scammed by the Nigerian email scams.
    Last edited by Roadrunna; 26-03-2010 at 23:49.
    Meep Meep.
    My Intro

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a rant to me
    Yes, it amazes me too
    I agree but it is no worse than believing what is in the media, TV, press...

http://blogs.photopreneur.com/the-wo...hotoshop-fakes

http://www.cracked.com/article/118_t...d-off-as-real/

http://www.allgraphicdesign.com/grap...and-disasters/
    Last edited by Sherwood; 26-02-2010 at 12:35.

Dragging not Bragging vince-305's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Si,

I wont send you anymore

Just thought the last one was good
    Bit'z 'N' Piece's
    Ford consul mk2 chevy powered highrider

www.53catalina.co.uk 53catalina's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    So my long lost Nigerian Uncle wont be sending £23,000,000?
    I have sent him £12,000 already to cover the legal transaction....

And I have also told the 5 banks I,m not a member with all my security details.
    Was this a mistake on my part

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Si,
    I hope that you haven't stopped believing that I'm a Nigerian prince? please hurry up and send me your bank details so that I can make a huge deposit.
    Stuart.
    My website: Isn't working at the moment
    My Intro

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Question

damn does that mean you dont want the volvo back then?
    oh & si what does gosbel mean? cant find it on wackonepedia!!
    KICK IT IN THE GUTS & GO FOR GLORY

[url=http://www.nobrain.d NoJive 55's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I write to inform you that we have already sent you $5000.00USD dollarsthrough Western Union as we have been given the mandate to transfer yourfull compensation payment of $2,500,000,00 USD via Western Union by theUnited Nations Government.So I decided to email you the MTCN and sendername, so you can pick up this $5000.00USD to enable us send another$5000.00 USD by tomorrow as you know we will be sending you only $5000.00USD per day. Please pick up this information and run to any Western Unionin your country to pick up the $5000.00 USD and call me back to send youanother payment tomorrow. Manager: Mr Fred MorrisEmail: [email protected]ne: +234-7038-900309 Call or email me once you picked up this $5,000 USD today. Here is thewestern union information ,you can also track it on-line @www.westernunion.comSender Information's Sender first name = CathySender last name = RitchieMTCN;= 3449035831Amount;= 5,000, USDTest Question;= Honest?Test Answer;= Trust. RegardsMiss. Stephine Clara (ESQ)

Bob......

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tatuu View Post
    damn does that mean you dont want the volvo back then?
    oh & si what does gosbel mean? cant find it on wackonepedia!!
    It means everything I learnt at school has finally rattled out of where my brain used to be
    Meep Meep.
    My Intro

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunna View Post
    It means everything I learnt at school has finally rattled out of where my brain used to be
    i've heard of those brain things before....

where can you buy one?

as i dont think ive got one
    KICK IT IN THE GUTS & GO FOR GLORY

Legs and heels subscriber 59zody's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    E mails ?? !!!

The scurge of todays society and communication breakdown. People dont need to speak anymore !!
    " I dont know my next door neighbours but have 200 mates on facebook !!! " says a lot

Guys across the desk from each other sending ****ty mails, copy the boss, get brownie points, etc etc very very low ....

A guy sent me a real ass covering whimper one day and must have taken me 15 minutes to read all the drivel. My reply was " Sir, by your detailed response trying to be clever and covering ones ass, it is clear to me that your fingers are not broken by the length and accuraacy of the mail you have sent to me and cc my understudy. Therefore could you please dial 7007 and fking speak to me !! :****er:

I work for a company who subby all the work out to smaller entities in the O&G industry. We even have to write into contracts that electronic communication is for non contractual related subjects and anything detailed within is not legally binding, nor official.
    We have a japanese subconractor right now and the cheeky fekers print out the e-mail and attach it to a cover letter to try and shaft you.....

Gotta be careful what ye write, can be misinterpreted the wrong way and around the world in seconds

E mails only good for sharing pictures posted by Jack earls

stu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information