Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  39
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    American Truck importer v8.jimmy's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by magneto View Post
    **** me, I have just baked a pie in the oven at 200 degrees for 25 minuites and burnt my hand getting it out , who do i sue ?, the pie company for Not telling me it was to hot to handle or the the oven company for allowing me to open the bloody door at that kind of temperature !!! FFS Do stupid things get stupid prizes.......
    Bob, did your oven door have a sign on it warning you that it might be hot if you've had it switched on?
    I've seen bags of peanuts with a notice that the contents might contain nuts!! FFS that's really covering your arse and pointing out the obvious.

2. Likesmagneto liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    So why doesn't a smart phone give a warning before the person dumber than the phone takes a selfie?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJCnbE_QI0A

Forum Sponsor RAYS CLASSICS.COM's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it all started here in the good old USA , as soon as something happens a line of work for free lawyers are right there briefcase in hand offering to retrieve millions from anyone that even breathed at the scene, factor in todays political correctness bull**** & the its not my fault I done something totally stupid & that's what we have , massive homeless encampment under the overhead train tracks here in Oakland actual structures made out of scrap wood old doors etc etc some all the way to the underside of the tracks, the other day one of them caught alight burned to the ground killed the guy inside dam near caught a train alight& stopped all trains for hours , but can the council go in & clear it out ? of course not they argue the tracks belong to bart ( the train operators ),therefore the land underneath is there problem, meanwhile the newly elected mayor already eying up her new campaign for the next job is on the tele outside the problem stating that they can't go in & clear it until they find alternative housing for the "residents" but for me to turn my old stable behind the garage into a guest cottage I need apply & pay for a permit, put up with city inspectors at every stage of the project & when its done the property then gets reappraised by the council because I,ve improved it & the property taxes increase accordingly ! if I decide to do it without a permit the city drone sees it they send out an inspector & it all comes to a halt , every day there is an incident of some sort in SF with cellphone pedestrians ,bike riders stupid people in general getting hurt because of their own stupidity & there's the lawyers ready & willing , as you said the world has gone mad , gets madder every day & poxy political correctness is out of control .RAY A in sf Disneyland

6. Likesv8.jimmy, alan liked this post
    I'm a grown up member now ! Rusty Trawler's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    A true story of modern madness. Not litigation but political correctness: A few years ago, when working in the NHS community health team, I pitched up at a community centre and the manageress had that morning found a human finger on the doorstep. (Yep!) The police were called and they retrieved the finger and started their investigation. The police called the local hospitals to see if anyone had been admitted with a finger missing. One hospital said yes, a man had been admitted the previous evening with a finger amputated. The police asked for his name with a view to interviewing him. The hospital refused because of patient confidentiality. The hospital asked for the finger. The police refused as it was evidence. I **** you not......

8. Likesmagneto, alan liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kustom Jim View Post
    Real health and safety would forbid structures being too close to train on a track.

I understand, just like clearing snow from ya path you become liable as it is not as nature intended and is in a condition you created so when postie breaks their wrists in a slip and fall you may as well as have pushed em.
    A warning sticker, albeit obscured means it's their fault.

Yep, madness.
    I had a mate in America (Toledo - outside Michigan) who owned a shop. He cleared the pathway to the door of snow and then had a Copper come to the shop. He slipped over and sued my mate.
    My mate lost the business and his home due to shyster lawyers. He has so much additional restitution to pay he has money deducted from his salary for the rest of his life. That was 25+ years ago and he's still paying.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Stick one of these on everything!!

Forum Sponsor RAYS CLASSICS.COM's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stu460 View Post
    I had a mate in America (Toledo - outside Michigan) who owned a shop. He cleared the pathway to the door of snow and then had a Copper come to the shop. He slipped over and sued my mate.
    My mate lost the business and his home due to shyster lawyers. He has so much additional restitution to pay he has money deducted from his salary for the rest of his life. That was 25+ years ago and he's still paying.
    in a similar situation you have oj simpson who we all know murdered his wife & boyfriend , got away with it due to sleazy lawyers, inept prosecutors & police mishandling of evidence , got sued by the inlaws in civil court & vowed when he walked out of court he would never pay them a penny & never has since due to him not having any taxable legal income to deduct money from , finally went to jail on a different matter , pleaded with with the parole board for yrs to be let out because he was,nt in good health & just wanted to live out his yrs with his kids & now lives comfortably in florida playing golf every day surprisingly his health has perked right up enabling to do all sorts of things & collecting his $35k a month pension from the NFL which is,nt taxable thankyou very much , people are fond of saying money don,t buy happiness but it can buy you out of a life sentence or the electric chair in the usa. RAY A

12. Likesalan, stu460 liked this post
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn, I'm gettin' me one of them 'No Stupid People' signs!
    Maybe I'm just sick in the head.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holy crap Stu! That's incredibly utter ****e!! What a disgrace and the 'claimant' must know his shyster lawyers have ruined someone's life for no good reason.

15. Likesstu460 liked this post
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RAYS CLASSICS.COM View Post
    I think it all started here in the good old USA , as soon as something happens a line of work for free lawyers are right there briefcase in hand offering to retrieve millions from anyone that even breathed at the scene, factor in todays political correctness bull**** & the its not my fault I done something totally stupid & that's what we have , massive homeless encampment under the overhead train tracks here in Oakland actual structures made out of scrap wood old doors etc etc some all the way to the underside of the tracks, the other day one of them caught alight burned to the ground killed the guy inside dam near caught a train alight& stopped all trains for hours , but can the council go in & clear it out ? of course not they argue the tracks belong to bart ( the train operators ),therefore the land underneath is there problem, meanwhile the newly elected mayor already eying up her new campaign for the next job is on the tele outside the problem stating that they can't go in & clear it until they find alternative housing for the "residents" but for me to turn my old stable behind the garage into a guest cottage I need apply & pay for a permit, put up with city inspectors at every stage of the project & when its done the property then gets reappraised by the council because I,ve improved it & the property taxes increase accordingly ! if I decide to do it without a permit the city drone sees it they send out an inspector & it all comes to a halt , every day there is an incident of some sort in SF with cellphone pedestrians ,bike riders stupid people in general getting hurt because of their own stupidity & there's the lawyers ready & willing , as you said the world has gone mad , gets madder every day & poxy political correctness is out of control .RAY A in sf Disneyland
    The only good thing to come out of California in the past 10 years is the freeway heading east.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information