Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  20
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kapri View Post
    Chain drive lhd to rhd were quite common.
    And just think - in the event of a really heavy frontal impact you won't be impaled by the steering column ('cos there ain't one) - you'll probably go through screen with steering wheel inbedded in your face.........RHD American cars are for pussies? - overtaking in a LHD car? - get yourself something with a bit more power - any worthwhile V8 powered LHD yank should have ample power to sail past other vehicles!

2. Likesv8.jimmy liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

American Truck importer v8.jimmy's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Roscobbc View Post
    And just think - in the event of a really heavy frontal impact you won't be impaled by the steering column ('cos there ain't one) - you'll probably go through screen with steering wheel inbedded in your face.........RHD American cars are for pussies? - overtaking in a LHD car? - get yourself something with a bit more power - any worthwhile V8 powered LHD yank should have ample power to sail past other vehicles!
    c'mon Ross that's the weakest argument yet, the right hand drives have the same power as the equivalent left hand drives, it's the safety of knowing for sure in an instant that you can pull out from behind that lorry on a single carriageway. If you dilly dally trying to be sure, then just as you make the manouevre, mr hot hatch/Audi/BMW (delete as appropriate) is already alongside you taking you and the lorry, and yes I know about hanging back and not hooking up to the lorry's arse so you can see better and perhaps even up the inside, but if you're too far back, again somebody else takes you first and fills the gap as they think you are ****ing about.... remember... been there, done that, got the t-shirt, left drive, right drive, manual, auto, decent power, lack of power and also driving that lorry in front of you... or driving the lorry that's trying to overtake that slower lorry in front....

5. Likesbrading liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too true Jimmy!

Your thread gone a bit off piste, and to carry on lol my mate had an early 80s Vette and that couldn't pull ya hat off! Quite frankly it was embarrassing, had the rumble but no punch.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    LHD/RHD is all the same to me - both have benefits/disadvantages in equal measures - I accept for some the balance is, er - more specific. TBH whilst spending much of my time driving either in London or circling it on the M25 I wouldn't want to be spending my time in A. a late model Challenger - B. current model Camaro - the latter has got to be like driving a letter or post box around - just a 'slot' over the top of the dashboard for forward view - and even smaller virtual 'gun slot' for rear vision (OK with a camera) and side windows you can't rest your elbow on unless you are 7 foot tall (then your head hits the roof)

8. Likesv8.jimmy liked this post
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just out of interest would the insurance be less on a RHD in the UK?

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NMNeil View Post
    Just out of interest would the insurance be less on a RHD in the UK?
    now, I never gave that one a thought Neil! Possibly could be, but I use a traders policy so it makes no odds on that. Be interesting to find out though.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wouldnt of thought lh or rh would make any difference to indurance as most would be on classic policy,s

I have two lh converted to rh cars on the road and im not even sure if they asked what side the wheel was on
    Rod/custom/drag build profiles:
    Mini | Pop | Porker | Trike | Morris 8

| 48 chevy coupe | ford f100 | tube chassis,d pop

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mmm, that's a good point
    Although, I think I get asked if it's an import during any insurance.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    At the opposite end of the spectrum, had a one litre LHD Fiat Uno as a daily a few years ago. Great fun. Useful for when you had to post a letter, or you saw somebody on the left side pavement you wanted to chat to. Plus also front seat passengers had great fun doing irrational things for the entertainment of other road users, who hadn't picked up that it was LHD.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 4potHemi View Post
    At the opposite end of the spectrum, had a one litre LHD Fiat Uno as a daily a few years ago. Great fun. Useful for when you had to post a letter, or you saw somebody on the left side pavement you wanted to chat to. Plus also front seat passengers had great fun doing irrational things for the entertainment of other road users, who hadn't picked up that it was LHD.
    lol, I would have given a play steering wheel to a kid sitting in the front seat for a laugh

my son and I were driving off a film set back to unit base in an International Harvester road sweeper....... with two steering wheels......... you should have seen the copper's face as he let us through the barriers to cross the main road (which was in service) and my lad and I pretended to turn each wheel in opposite directions... he took it well though
    Last edited by v8.jimmy; 18-07-2019 at 09:00.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information