Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: York Drags today

Jan Sommerville was the guy who completed it as a gasser. I'm not sure if he started the rebuild or if someone else had it after Conrad Stanley. I know that old Pop I beam took a bit of stick!

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by dragracerdave View Post
    ...But man it was COLD!
    Yes apparentely it was! The guy with the Gran Torino Sport damaged his oil pump and reckoned it was down to starting it up in the early morning frost.

On a sidenote, I was speaking to Spencers dad for a while (lovely old guy, I could've chatted with him all day ) and he was telling me when he used to race many years ago and rolled his Thames van at York. He said he'd love to see any pictures or vids of it back then before the roll. I told him about this site but don't know if he'll join so if anyone out there remembers it and has any pics they could post maybe you could show them to him Dave? It'd be nice to see him on here as he had quite a few old stories to tell.

Official RnS Addict dragracerdave's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Steve Tidswell is/was a real character! & The the Anglia Panel was called Pie Wagon, Only went down the track once unfortunatly, I'll see if I can find some pics, Though I know theres not many about!
    Ian O'Conner is the Blue Torino owner, Didn't get to speak to him yesterday, As I was busy with the Pop, Sportsman & American Super/Stock Reports, But thats bad news on the stroker Cleveland
    I've been next in line,
    I've been next to nothing,
    I've been next to bye standers, That shoulda said something.................

<a href=http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o192/dragracerdave/Hobby%20Horse/2muchavahh-1.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...uchavahh-1.jpg</a>

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by dragracerdave View Post
    Ian O'Conner is the Blue Torino owner, Didn't get to speak to him yesterday, As I was busy with the Pop, Sportsman & American Super/Stock Reports, But thats bad news on the stroker Cleveland
    Yeah he was a nice guy too. (In fact everybody I spoke with were more than willing to chat and the freindliest bunch of people I've ever met!)
    Luckily it doesn't sound like too much damage has been caused. It ticks over fine but doesn't sound well when revved and no oil getting up. He reckoned it was down to using a thick oil and and when started up with the frost, may have sheared something. He seemed in good spirits though and didn't think it would be too much of a job to put right

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

There you go Dave. What a cracker! The follow up picture of this showed the Thames on its roof. Real shame!!
    Sorry dont have a credit for the pic

Official RnS Addict dragracerdave's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats a great pic! not seen it before, Do you mind if I 'borrow' it & post it over on our (PDRC) forum? Would like to see the other pics to if you have some.
    Proving that age gets the better of you, I always thought it was called 'Pie Wagon' probably because they followed it with a Vega called Nice as Pie.... which also ended its days at York! Oh happy days!
    I've been next in line,
    I've been next to nothing,
    I've been next to bye standers, That shoulda said something.................

<a href=http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o192/dragracerdave/Hobby%20Horse/2muchavahh-1.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...uchavahh-1.jpg</a>

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Dave, it's not my pic. "So no credit" Maybee TT know the origin?
    It May have been posted on UKDRN ? Post away, see if anyone puts there hand up. It's good too share.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information