Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
    I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

29A From a 27T pick-up.

New to this but thought some may be of interest,I am not very good with pooters and this is the second go at posting a thread start for what I am doing at present .have downloaded a host of pics this time so I have an archive to take some from.
    I origonally built the T pick-up way back in 79.not many about those days and u could still register a car at the Taunton tax office.Hence the V reg of the car.
    I will try to post across some photos and continue the story as I go.
    I sold the T in 83 when I lost my garage /workshop and had to downsize on the toys ,as I am doing now infact.toooo many shinny toys.
    I am ,I think building the 29 as a rat rod ,its muddy here down on the somerset levels.
    I dont need another shinny toy.I kid myself its for my son but he is only 7.Greta interest in the build so far.
    I bought it back off ebay about 7 years ago but only seriously started it last year.
    You all know the tale get married no time wife got no interest ectra.Now married with a lady who has interest and this helps.
    I could not have built any of my cars with out the help of a lot of good close friends ,you know who you are ,
    and I know most of them today and they are helping with this creation also.
    Thank you one and all.
    The origonal chassis was built on the floor and GAS welded ,yes thats GAS welded ,beautiful curve in both rails ,lucky for me in opposite directions.
    The running gear is from a 1600 1967 mk1 cortina.with a viva front end.We used what we could get hold of ,most off it coming from local scrap yards(YOU REMEMBER THEM.)Places where you could spend a day have lunch and still not see all there ,some were that big around here.
    The T was built in about a year from the two 16ft steels on the garage floor to driving it to Taunton for its tax disc and registration.
    Now to the 29A.
    I am a plastic guy ,most of my toys are plastic.so I am borrowing parts from pals ,thank you again to them.making moulds and then I make my parts and have spare molds.
    the body is from an origonal mold from back in the 70,s that now lives in Anglesea,perferctly good to me.
    I am old school and like to make the things I can and use bits from other things to make the item i want.
    I do not have the funds to just go out and buy things ,so like many of you I save for the shinny bits that one has to buy .
    I wanted to use the chassis off the T because of the legal registration.and my initials in the chassis no.
    the only drawback is its a V reg and hence has to have mot and pay road tax.But then it will still be totally legal.its a very small club ,the people who built a car from nothing and took it right through and produced a street legal car.I am very happy to be a member.
    I will now try to get some pics over onto here and continue the build as it progresses.

well theres ONE.
    why cant I do it again?

now I see how to do it here goes.no only works one a day.???Thats my truck by the way.YES ITS 75% PLASTIC

Begining to get the hang of this now ,sorry the pictures are not in order.

Last edited by 58Spaner; 02-09-2012 at 15:37. Reason: want 2 add pictures.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    nice outside workshop mate, interesting build..

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    mo0rning .Thats how I built it as a T in 79 so just making it feel at home .Trouble is I am 25 yrs older now and I seem to be alergic to rain now.!!!thank you for the coment at least I know its amusing someone.
    Chas.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exellent story keep posting

You fellas who work on cars outside are either mad or deserve a medal cant work out witch?

are you using the same engine and running gear??

Gary
    Caravans are cool

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Morning Gary,MAD I THINK.I dont know yet ,Its the only motor I that I will have to pay road tax on so perhaps keep the engine small and if I want it for my son to drive then its got to be that way I think .thanks for looking .Thanks for comenting. Chas

]

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    [

think thats it !!! Things move slow when tooo many toys and life happens,
    I have now obtained a set of discs and calipers ,came from the for sale stuff on here and have made some sleeves ect. to allow inner bearings to fit the ford stud axels ,also for the seals to seal as they should.
    this afternoon have fitted the stub axels .
    Founs a snag ,Not enough up and down movement on the front spring so fitting a block between it and cross member.
    Good job I do not thow things away
    it was a 1 inch lowering block from a ford anglia that was my first car in 1970.
    I knew it woould be used at some time.
    The place is full of things like that ,but when u need something there it is.
    You do have to buy some stuff these days but with a little thought one can modify and recycle rather adequately.
    My friends have now pursueded me that I should up the power so I will sell the 1600 ford and gearbox along with its prop and cortina back axle.
    procured a huge solid axle may be its a volvo unit ,got adapters on the drums for ford.
    The front hubs are now drilled and studded chevy 5 stud patern so I can use a set of 4.5 inch center lines that I already have ,whats more they seem to be in the correct place ,ie under the front fenders.
    Thats it todate.
    Last edited by 58Spaner; 19-10-2012 at 15:45.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information