A quick update .I will try and keep this explaination as short as possible , but if you find yourselves nodding off just move on to the pics
When I made the bonnet sides I wanted to make them fairly quick to remove , I did'nt mind having bolts along the top flange but I wanted some adjustment ( in and out and up and down) along the bottom edge .So I came up with this solution.I remember seeing these conicle shaped buffers on early Triumphs which fitted the bill perfectly .I made up the brackets which were welded to the inner stiffener pieces on the inside of the bonnet sides . Then I made up the mounts for the buffers , these have threaded captive plates fitted insde the mounts .I wanted to cover the captive nuts for the inner fender panel so I made up the panel which flows into the buffer mount areas.
This pic shows the O/S mounting in the early stage .
I have put the pieces together off the truck to show how they go together .
These pics show the nearly finished piece , the verticle flange welded to the top is just to stop water pooring into the engine bay while driving in the great british weather .
The last ones show this piece fitted to the truck ( not very good shots with the engine in the way )