2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

I'm a grown up member now ! seventhheaven's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    This project is truly gob-smacking.

What inspires me, is some of the people leaving comments such as 'Amazing', 'Awesome', 'Unbelievable' etc are also at the top of their game and have skills many could only dream of.

This is some of the greatest metalwork done on anything ever. There are very few restorations, concept cars or Hot Rods, even with multi-million budgets on an international level that see this quality of work.

I saw the donor cab up close in person and 'nice cab' all depended on how deep you poked. Put simply, this was a portion of a long abandoned workhorse truck. Considering it's age, yes it's condition was reasonable, but could you throw some paint at it and expect it to look good? - Nope, don't be daft

Sure any restorer could have thrown some Mud and paint at it, but realistically this car was already well down the Hot Rod route and a restorer would not have chosen this body and chassis combo.

I've just started to learn this panel beating game and to regularly see work on this level is inspirational and a major encouragement. On the flip-side, I'll know I'll never have even a portion of this skill set.
    I'm starting to learn how a dent a fraction of a millimetre deep is visible across a room, yet with this project you can look at the bare raw steel from every angle in the room and just see perfection.

I can guarantee this Chevy will have have a swarm of hard core enthusiasts on their bellies around it at every show.

This is not a crew of guys in a televised workshop, this is one bloke in his back-garden.

Keep it Coming!
    Ask me to fix something and I'll come at ya with a hammer!

4. Likesmygasser, chaley, steve1275 liked this post
    Now a BIVA Build dlonamow(oldwoman)'s Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

6. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Firstly apologies for not responding sooner . I'm not much of a computer user (apart from having to check the usual "work emails")
    Wayne the headlamps came from Car Builder Solutions (fantastic service ).

Mark, I am truly flattered by your comments .I really don't believe that the metal work on my truck is anywhere near the quality of the TRUE craftsmen who build stunning restorations or scratch built bodies or just panels that still ply their craft around the world .Sadly there doesn't seem that there are enough of the younger generation coming along to take up the skill.

I mentioned previously that my intention was to learn about metal shaping whilst building my truck , what I didn't account for was how involved I have got (it could be said "carried away ")with the different elements .An example is the truck bed .I knew how I wanted it to look but never did I think I would put so much work into the inner structure .
    The same for the interior of the cab ( what a job) I am pleased I have stuck with it but I have had some real problems with motivation at times because I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel .

Mark, I have an awful lot to live up to now but I will try my best . The truck was never destined to be a show truck .I just wanted to have fun building and ultimately driving it .

My plan is to try my hardest to get the truck in paint this year but realistically if it could be painted over next winter I would be really really pleased .
    My original plan was to paint the truck myself as I love doing my own paintwork . I feel that I can't risk it after all the work, having paint problems like microblister from painting it with sub standard equipment and a damp environment .So I have contacted an old mate I used to work with and has his own bodyshop with the view to getting it over to his shop to paint . I really think this is the best way forward .
    Thanks you again Mark , if you need a hand , you know where I am.

I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am in the same boat as you with my custom pickup build. Years of hard metal shaping work that I don't want to risk on doing the paint myself. It will be the only thing I going to farm out for the whole project.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Guys, nothing exiting just a slight cock up . While waiting for my grille bars to be laser cut , I thought I would start at the front and try and finish all the little left over jobs before I pull it all apart for blocking and paint ( still got to finish the chassis but that's for later.
    So my cock up, I fitted the N/S front fender and inner fender panel .All fitting as it should , moved onto the O/S and started looking for the inner fender panel after much searching it dawned on me ………………..you idiot ……….you haven't made it !!!!!!!!!.
    So todays task ……..make inner fender panel.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information