Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    rear section of trans tunnel welded in, started to set seat base back in.Had a day off it today as thought better spend so more time looking for work(waste of time, no jobs for eldery mot tester/mechanic ) Should get base fitted tomorrow and then I can get drivers seat and pedals more acratly set up.servo ect will have to go on bulkhead as no room under floor ,the exhaust has to go down through the chassis and thats making it tight for clutch pedal clearance.tbh its all fitting in better than I thought it would.Cant get the engine further forward as rad and fan wont fit,no lower as rack room needed under sump,but then the water pipes clear inner wings spot on,alternator clears chassis and the engine mounts cut off omega subframe line up with chassis,dont you just love it when a plan comes together!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    so striped front suspension off and cut off the engine mounts that were tacked on so the engine can be moved 30mm forward.gives me a bit more pedal room .engine is higher than I would like but have to have a rear rack to fit the omega hubs ,moving it forward has helped get the rack in the grove at rear of sump.need to look for a slim rack ,20inch inner joint centres(sounds like the hack saws comming out to play).looks like I can mod the gearbox mount from the old engine to fit easily so bonus there.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting project,keep it coming, enjoying This!
    I may live in East London, I may have a number plate that reads "Chopt", but I do NOT use 6" wheel spacers!

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict insanityvans's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    There you go mate!!

Creator of fine sawdust from solid wood!

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    cheers chap,could have worked it but not a*sed.bulkhesd/floor is next as the body flexes on the A posts ,waiting till I can get it noddled and ribbed (future son in law has the tools,Knapstok Customs),trouble is he's rebuilding his workshop so cant get to gear at the mo.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    been busy rebuilding the engine for the daughters drag beetle ,got it fitted and running yesterday so ready for shakey next sunday if the weather gods are good!!!did the fitting over at Petes(Napstok)so made the bulkhead for the countryman when I was there.Fitted it this morning ,was going to join it either side at the gussets for the bonett hinges but as it was made full width I cut off the remains of original .much tidyer .needs a bit of tweeking as the one side is differant to the other on inner panel that goes from A post forward,not been welded square at longbridge,its ok on the outer panels just the inner not fitted the same!!!!about 4mm out of vertical compared to the other side so will have to redo flange .once its in the hole will be cut for pedal box and I can make that.pics will follow when done.

Official RnS Addict Flamed Cortina's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    I'm liking this build, I have an ex-cop car with the rare 3.2 V-6 manual option and they pull like trains and can show a clean pair of heels to many a boy-racer, as well as return good MPG if driven below 80 mph. A very under estimated engine combo, keep us posted.

Official RnS Addict Flamed Cortina's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    I'm liking this build, I have an ex-cop car with the rare 3.2 V-6 manual option as my daily and they pull like trains and can show a clean pair of heels to many a boy-racer, as well as return good MPG if driven below 80 mph. A very under estimated engine combo, keep us posted.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    took some pics cos we all like to see whats happening,floor and bulk head /pedal box sorted,trans tunnel and shortened gear shift in.made the drivers seat mounting with built in seat belt mounting today,spot welded the box together where I could ,need longer arms (for the welder!!!)to get to some of it.ran out of argo shield and as not got a job thats put the stop to welding.started stripping out the frame around the rear doors as its wood ,this will be replaced with box as opening needs moding for new doors being made from 2 bay window bus rear hatches(nearly fit just 5mm narrow)think I can pull and roll the sides in as made of ali.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information