Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  83
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Baby Ruby

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some advice before you go a lot further with the steel stiffening - check, check, and check again that the car is square & true.
    Check that the window apertures are still flat (easy to put a twist into the body over a window aperture - you only find out when you go to fit the glass) and check (even standing 20 feet away is a very good test) that everything looks square & correct as it's so easy to get it wrong now and so hard to fix it later.

Not sure on the Bilt Hamber DEOX-C - check onlne for instructions?? but Hydrate 80 will do what you want and can be painted over (after a quick sand). The Electrox primer is better than Etch https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/bilt-...-400ml-aerosol The DEOX-C is meant to be a little bit better than Hydrate 80 though.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpopracing View Post
    Some advice before you go a lot further with the steel stiffening - check, check, and check again that the car is square & true.
    Check that the window apertures are still flat (easy to put a twist into the body over a window aperture - you only find out when you go to fit the glass) and check (even standing 20 feet away is a very good test) that everything looks square & correct as it's so easy to get it wrong now and so hard to fix it later.

Not sure on the Bilt Hamber DEOX-C - check onlne for instructions?? but Hydrate 80 will do what you want and can be painted over (after a quick sand). The Electrox primer is better than Etch https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/bilt-...-400ml-aerosol The DEOX-C is meant to be a little bit better than Hydrate 80 though.
    Thank you Mark, good point about getting it square. I stepped 20 foot back, but then all I could see was the outside of the garage!
    "Share with a wise person, and he will become wiser" - Proverbs 9:9

4. Likeschaley liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    also you can't really see if it's 'square' when it's upside down other than taking lots of measurements.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

6. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quick initial measurements would be to measure diagonally. Each diagonal should have a corresponding identical figure front/back side/side.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 4potHemi View Post
    Quick initial measurements would be to measure diagonally. Each diagonal should have a corresponding identical figure front/back side/side.
    Good idea, but up till now there was nothing really to take measurements from. I'll have a look tomorrow

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really want to get this on as a historic vehicle.
    One possibility is to get a Reliant Kitten and use the chassis, so on the lookout.
    or maybe an old kitcar.

Any other suggestions?

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    old taxi ian ?
    Medusa + injection = too much torque for the dyno ..https://youtu.be/qg5o0_tJxYM

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    What about one of those small Jap vans eg Bedford Rascal? Locost?

Going off immediate subject, but has anybody seen how basic an original Austin 7 chassis is? Years ago I was thinking of building a Seven special and got a chassis (sadly, long gone). All it is is an A frame made out of top hat section steel, with a forging at the front end to attach the axle. At the back it ends abruptly as it's suspended by quarter elliptic springs. This thing cluttered up my lock up for years, but it was so light I just used to move it around propping it up against different walls. I know it doesn't address registration, but it would be comparatively easy to replicate for anybody reasonably competent with a mig.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ivanhoew View Post
    old taxi ian ?
    To find a taxi over 40 years old (historic) almost impossible.
    Chassis would cut down nicely though, been thinking about it

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 4potHemi View Post
    What about one of those small Jap vans eg Bedford Rascal? Locost?

Going off immediate subject, but has anybody seen how basic an original Austin 7 chassis is? Years ago I was thinking of building a Seven special and got a chassis (sadly, long gone). All it is is an A frame made out of top hat section steel, with a forging at the front end to attach the axle. At the back it ends abruptly as it's suspended by quarter elliptic springs. This thing cluttered up my lock up for years, but it was so light I just used to move it around propping it up against different walls. I know it doesn't address registration, but it would be comparatively easy to replicate for anybody reasonably competent with a mig.
    Youre right, Ive seen them, so little of it!
    Apparently the rich set love racing Austin 7's so little chance of me getting one with a V5.

Small Jap vans? Surely they are all monocoque?
    If anyone knows otherwise I can investigate. Be hard to find one over 40 years though.

With ULEZ coming to my area in less than 2 years, I really need to go historic.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information