Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  104
+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 LastLast

Thread: Baby Ruby

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    You could fit through chassis brake pipe connectors.
    Or drill a big hole through the chassis, weld in a sleeve/tube and run the brake pipe through the tube.

2. Likes mygasser liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blackpop - Thats a good idea, but I can run the pipe under the chassis, my favourite solution at the moment.

Ivanhoew - Thank you

Budetta - Kind words, and thanks for the brake calipers, I finally got round to rebuilding them today.

I watched a youtube video of a bloke doing a textbook caliper rebuild, gave it umpteen coats of paint, soft music playing in background, all came together so nicely. Hmm, reality for me was that those pesky seals can be tricky to get in. Decided not to bother painting them, I'm not a boy racer, why would I want to draw attention to my calipers?
    Anyway, orangy rust hue matches rest of car...

This one is even fitted on to the car, brake pads and all.

No room to remove OS wheel just now, so the other caliper stays on the bench. Thanks to Budetta's gift and me finding a bought/never used rebuild kit on ebay, brakes were a real bargain.

Also re laid the turf today and tidied up "garden".
    Last edited by Taxirod; 17-10-2020 at 16:53.
    "The one who watches the wind will not sow seed, and the one who looks at the clouds will not reap" - Eccl 11:4

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    HELP!

Brain not functioning properly.

What do you call the stuff you put between chassis rails and body?

Chassis tape?
    Chassis webbing?
    Just cant think of correct name.
    Last edited by Taxirod; 19-10-2020 at 18:52.
    "The one who watches the wind will not sow seed, and the one who looks at the clouds will not reap" - Eccl 11:4

6. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Webbing I think.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by budetta View Post
    Webbing I think.
    Thanks Bud, can't see any on ebay, I'll try phoning carbuilder solutions tomorrow.

Well, today I had quite an adventure.
    A guy had promised to get me a Mazda RX8 gearbox (originally I planned to use one with a Zetec in the Ruby) ages ago, I then fitted the MGB lump to the project and forgot about it, then recently I had a phone call to say he had the box for me.
    I decided to go get it anyway, I still have the Zetec, maybe I'll use it in the future.
    So i set off at 6.15am today in the dark and the rain up the M11, found this place in the middle of nowhere, A Mazda RX8 was suspended in mid air by a fork lift as I arrived, while they got the bits out for me I was invited to look round the yard and the sheds.
    WOW.
    Like those US car programs on TV, never thought I'd see here in UK, this Guy had collected all sorts of stuff over the years, not wanting to part with it though.
    Can't show any pics unfortunately.
    A very interesting person with lots of tales to tell.
    I wanted a pair of seatbelts for Ruby and was pointed in the direction of about 10 cars which were going for scrap.
    Looking at them (I'm not familiar with modern cars) the seatbelts are all encased in these days, looked tricky to remove. then I spotted a mid nineties Fiesta, that appeared more simple, so I set about removing the seat belts, but I was scrounging tools, car was full of junk and broken glass, with blood dripping off one hand I finally liberated all the parts needed.
    I was shown into various sheds with all manner of interesting stuff.
    There is an engine I may go back for and possibly a Morris 8 bare shell, with weeds growing up through it (the only things I could persuade him to part with).

Here's my booty for the day, I even had a little time for a few small jobs on Ruby when I got home, remaking the swivel part on the axle for the handbrake cable.

Last edited by Taxirod; 20-10-2020 at 18:14.

9. Likes blackpopracing liked this post
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    They are still out there, result ! So is the next build a Zetec powered Morris 8??

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    ian have you thought to use old ratchet straps for the body webbing? old frayed ones that you haven't thrown out would be ideal. just run a lighter along the frayed edges to tidy them up first.
    neil.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    For chassis webbing, I’ve recently used neoprene. Doesn’t hold in water like traditional webbing. Available cheaply as self adhesive rolls in various sizes on eBay.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by budetta View Post
    They are still out there, result ! So is the next build a Zetec powered Morris 8??
    In my mind, perhaps!

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Neil and Gerry 28a, thanks for the the suggestions re webbing, I spoke to Mark at Pop Browns today, he is supplying me some stuff which is sealed and doesn't absorb water.

I'm eager to get body and chassis reunited, the lack of webbing is probably a good thing, I did lots of fiddly little bits on chassis today which would be more difficult if body was on. Brake pipes / fuel pipe /handbrake cable / body mounting stuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information