3/4 the way there:
And in place, now with the front bracket welded to the screen frame:
That looks the dogs.
I've started to weld the arches back in their new position about 50mm up from stock:
This is butt-welded to keep the panel flush. Very time-consuming but well-worth the trouble.
This pic shows how much the arch has moved. The original position of the rear arch is about 30mm below the bottom edge of the side panel:
With the arch in the right place and the wheel jacked up to 'ride-height':
The drive-shaft is about horizontal:
Also started on the new bonnet side panels. So far so good!
There , lets leave it at that eh Spen
8 different tablets a day : 6 for the dodgy heart , 8x strong paracetamol based painkiller for snapped leg & a statin . Cos I'm not into 'rabbit food' salads ! FYI !
It's been about a week since I touched my car. Crew-cheifing on a supercharged altered means I've spent a few days putting the freshened motor into the race car and setting it up for the first fire-up (last night - vroooom!) and building a new enclosed race trailer for the rapidly approaching season.
However, the draw of my own car proved too much. An hour in the garage had the last two tubes for the roof support cut and bent. Not much but better than nothing!
Spent the morning finishing the trailer:
Turned out nice! Quite proud of myself. Shame it isn't mine
Still, finishing work on this allowed me to get on with the roof support. This is now essentially finished!
Just need to smooth out the welds. I was thinking about getting it sand-blasted for that 'cast' look.
The final roof support welded in place, and the support is now fitted and bolted in at all 4 corners:
Once the roof insert is welded in place the roof support can't be removed unless the body is taken off, so this will now sit in place until all of the body mods and repairs are done, and the body removed so that the chassis & cage can be painted.
Rear wheelarch is just about finished.
But, as the arch is effectively rotated up from it's rearmost point, it left this mis-match in the rear body line:
So I pie-cut it along the body line:
Tapped it down, and then made a curved body-line panel which was all seam-welded in place:
No one will ever guess it isn't original....
All I have to do now is get the other side to look the same!
I do like the bonnet side panels , so different from the norm
There are currently 25 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 24 guests)