ha ha !!!! looks good

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by legendlives View Post
    Todays reading is from the book of Covidicus XIX, Chapter 1, verses 1 to 4

1:1 And lo, a great blight was visited on the land forcing all subjects of the land to be confined to their habitation (except for essential workers, those who have contracts with essential workers, those who supply to the contractors of the essential workers, DIY shops and ‘tat’ shops that stock just enough food products to be considered essential).
    1:2 And the chosen one was sore afraid, he looked to the skies and shouted “Oh Lord, give me a sign!” and shortly a warm glow emanated from the garage attracting the chosen one to venture forth.
    1:3 And the Lord said, “Go forth to your garage and work on your hot rod. Seek out the stinky things and make them shiny and lovely. Weld things, hammer things and paint things. Make them good in my sight”
    1:4 And the chosen one did go forth to his garage and he did seek out the stinky and bent things and began to make them good.
    1:5 The first thing that caught the chosen one’s eyes was the differential cover, which had sat beneath an English car for 50 years and was bedecked with oily grime and corrosion. The chosen one removed it. And he saw that it was stinky. And he was sore afraid so he looked to the Lord and said, “With what shall I do it O Lord?”, and the Lord said, “A polished aluminium one would be nice, one of those ones with fins that looks like a quick-change rear end.” But the chosen one was downcast, “Lord,” he said, “I am but a poor peasant, working for a draconian boss who doth not pay to my full potential.”
    “I see,” said the Lord, “I will therefore imbue you with the skills to make it less stinky.”

[img]http://imagehosting.rodsnsods.co.uk/263225e7a8ffde683b.jpg[/img

1:6 “Take a strip of 3mm steel. Use ye not 2mm for that is too thin. Neither use ye 4mm for that will be too thick. 5mm is right out!” And the chosen one cut and shaped a piece of 3mm steel cut from a box section,

[img]http://imagehosting.rodsnsods.co.uk/263225e7a8fffbb779.jpg[/img

but he was confused and asked “How shall I shape it, Lord?”
    “Smite it with thy largest smitey-stick” quoth the Lord, and the chosen one did taketh his largest smitey-stick and he did smite it and shape it and cut holes in it and saw that it was good. “What do I do with it now?” Asked the chosen one.
    “Use a tube of electric glue to stick it to the diff cover and keep it in place.”

[img]http://imagehosting.rodsnsods.co.uk/263225e7a90020d408.jpg[/img

-“But why do I need it O Lord?”
    -“Well if the engine makes anything like the power you want it to that crownwheel is going to walk out of there like the whore of Babylon from a vestal virgins reunion.”
    1:7 So the chosen one did shape and smite the 3mm reinforcement until it looked OK, and then for good measure he threw away the original breather and added a nice -6AN fitting that would take a hose to the breather tank that he had made some time ago.

[img]http://imagehosting.rodsnsods.co.uk/263225e7a9004be90e.jpg[/img

1:8 “Now take this blue paint and make it good.”

[img]http://imagehosting.rodsnsods.co.uk/263225e7a9007213dd.jpg[/img

[img]http://imagehosting.rodsnsods.co.uk/263225e7a9009c0f65.jpg[/img

-“But that is red.”
    -“Oh yes. Sorry. I only made the colourblind ones in my image
    bloody brilliant .
    Medusa + injection = too much torque for the dyno ..https://youtu.be/qg5o0_tJxYM

4. Likesmylesdw, legendlives liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Going stir crazy already.....
    Nuttier than squirrel shit

6. Likeslegendlives liked this post
  7. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Lord moves in strange ways.......ecxellent, I think one should continueth with this sermon throghouteth the buildeth

9. Likeslegendlives liked this post
    Official RnS Addict legendlives's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Be assured, good people, that the Book of Covidicus XIX will continueth throughout lockdown, as will my decline into insanity.

11. Likes28Chevy liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    The great host of disciples were glum and without joy, but lo, when they saw into the mind of the legendary one a great hearty guffaw emerged.............and indeed they were replete.
    Whirrr whirrr chuff chuff de chuff........chuff......BRUMMMM!

My Chevy thread: https://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/sho...y-coach-403745
    Rugged Robin 2/3rd track: https://www.facebook.com/Rugged.Robin.tracked/

13. Likeslegendlives liked this post
    Official RnS Addict legendlives's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

The Book of Covidicus XIX. Chapter 2, verses 1 to 7

The Book of Covidicus XIX
    Chapter 2, Verses 1 to 7

2:1 And lo the chosen one was industrious in his toils, but his eyes had grown old and weary, and his garage was dark and lit not well, having but two small globes to illuminate his work.

2:2 He looked once more to the skies and said, “Guide me, O Lord. I would normally make busy at the room of fab at work that is bright and illuminated, but thanks to this plague that you have visited upon us I am confined to my small garage which is dingy and dark.”

2:3 And the Lord said, “Take up thy tools and line thee the ceiling of thy garage which will give it joy and a brighter visage.”
    “But with what should I line it, O Lord?”
    “Use thee the wood of many layers, but use thee not nails of common metal, instead use thee threaded fixings which can be applied using your battery drill. And by the way, it was the Chinese that visited the plague upon thee, not me.”

2:4 So the chosen one did line the ceiling of his garage using wood of many layers, and threaded fixings as the Lord had commanded, and he saw that it was good but as dusk covered the land he was once more downcast as the meagre illumination in his garage precluded accurate and enjoyable night-time toil.

2:5 Once more he called upon the Lord, “Lord, my garage is truly a cleaner and happier place, but come the night-time I find that toil is still impaired.”
    And the Lord said, “Fit ye illumination of great fluorescence, and do it many-fold.”
    -“How many-fold illuminations of great fluorescence shall I fit O Lord?”
    -“I don’t know. IV or V should do it.”

2:6 And so the chosen one did fit many illuminations of great fluorescence, but he was not good at Roman numerals, so when he showed the product of his toils to the Lord, the Lord exclaimed, “Junior on a bike, your bill of electrickery will truly be vast. I said IV or V, but you have fitted X, and all of them doubles. Truly if thy electrickery meter doth not resemble a whirlwind then my name is not Lord. My me man, I can see them from my place of repast without my omnipotence.”

2:7 But the chosen one was, at least for the moment, rejoicing in the illumination of his toils.

15. Likes28Chevy, 29stude liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    And yay verily the lord did send down the angel gabriel ,carrying forth the encapsulated balm of heaven ...spf45... that may banish the burning of the sun on the fair skin of his disciple radiating forth from the blessed lights above .!
    Medusa + injection = too much torque for the dyno ..https://youtu.be/qg5o0_tJxYM

17. Likes28Chevy, legendlives liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Numbers 20:8 reads
    "take the rod and call the assembly together"

Instruction to attend hot rod show? A verse which even atheistic hot rodders can take to heart!
    I may live in East London, I may have a number plate that reads "Chopt", but I do NOT use 6" wheel spacers!

19. Likeslegendlives liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    The chosen one should ask his lord whence he should procure some covering of the thinnest layer of the brightest of colours. Truly a many layered ceiling covering would look wondrous glowing as the virgin snow on a mounting top.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 98 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information