Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  57
+ Reply to Thread
Page 186 of 196 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 1960

Thread: chop top mk2

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    if you mean the 'hairpin' looking springs they keep the stick returning to centre so it doesn't flop side to side. neil.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Now a BIVA Build dlonamow(oldwoman)'s Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    are you on about the two springs Pic attached
    they are for reverse gear a BL method at a gate to stop you going into reverse rather than first
    Quote Originally Posted by chop top mk2 View Post
    with the engine and box out it gives me chance to sort out the gear stick remote. the bearing on the gearbox selector rod kept falling out so have replaced it with one that is held in with a circlip,also put new polybush spaceres in and it is now way better,

had to put in an extra spacer to realine the gearstick with the gearbox shift linkage ( if you get what i mean ). theres two springs that go on the side of the remote and im not quite sure what there for, any help would be much appreciated.

few more bits to come this week but im hoping to have the engine back in next weekend.

more soon

Now a BIVA Build dlonamow(oldwoman)'s Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dlonamow(oldwoman) View Post
    are you on about the two springs Pic attached
    they are for reverse gear a BL method at a gate to stop you going into reverse rather than first
    lol I put washers in mine you have just reminded me I have to make up those spacers

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict chop top mk2's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    nice one old women,now got it sorted. its now got gears.

put the correct oil in the box and a couple of bits have now landed, new oil for the engine, another set of rocker covers ( as i had welded them up and smoothed them off ) and the new carb top hat ( the old one wont fit the fitech unit )

got some stuff i want to do to it this weekend and then im hoping to have the engine and box back in next weekend.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    2 things, first is the new hat taller and will it cause bonnet clearance issues? second just noticed the inlet manifold. is it an off dual port where the port runners are split horizontally? i only ask as on the turbo forum (https://www.theturboforums.com/forums/) i'm on they recommend a single plane open plenum inlet for this sort of situation. i know single plane rover intakes are thin on the ground but possibly worth finding one whilr the engine's out? regards, neil.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    the new carb hat is lower than the old one which is good and the intake is an open plenum type.

seem to have loads going on at the moment so not getting much chance to crack on with the tina. i have managed to get the fuel fittings i needed to attach to the fitech unit.

i even have the dash out as i want to make some changes, one of which is cut a hole in the top of the dash to get access to the brake/clutch reservoir

the new carb top hat wanted some holes welding up , cleaned it up and then gave it a coat of primer along with the new rocker covers.

hoping to get my mates harley painted this week then i can get on with the tina.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    finally the bits i needed turned up this week. i was waiting for the new fittings to hook up to the fitech unit, luckily is all it needed was just a couple of an6 to an8 adaptors and some 45 degree fittings.

with them now sorted i could now set about getting it ready to put the engine and box back in. one job that needed doing first was welding in a v-band exhaust fitting in place of the double springs on the down pipe as the old set up did leak a little bit which would have not worked with the fitech.

got the engine back in this morning and its now nearly all back together with just the radiator to put back tomorrow.

the new top hat fits a treat but i will have to make a new intake pipe. the next big job will be hooking up the fitech unit and im hoping to have it back up and running next weekend.
    another job that wanted sorting was all the chrome work, because i originally wanted it all done in copper to match the cage i am now going to have it all wrapped in copper vinyl and that includes the lip on the wheels.

more soon.

10. Likesmygasser, SpencerMoparFan, 69 ford liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    bit more progress,
    made up a new intake pipe.

also before the rad went back in gave it a fresh coat of satin black to tidy it up.

got most of the fitech unit wired up, its not going to fire up this weekend as i am still waiting for some more parts to come but i am going to attempt making a roof lining tomorrow and i still have to recover the dash.

to make matters even worse i have have just got confirmation of entry details for skipton car show so i now have three weeks to get it sorted, pressure is on.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good to see you still cracking on with these bits.
    Shame some of the earlier bits which were created so well had to be replaced.
    But I hope it all runs well when you fire it up.
    I may live in East London, I may have a number plate that reads "Chopt", but I do NOT use 6" wheel spacers!

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    cheers ian,

the biggest job to do is the headliner, so i made a start on it today.

stitched up the pleats for the roof bars and then had a go at installing it.

seemed to fit ok so started to glue it in place

loads of clamps and wood holding it in place over night and then tomorrow i will stretch it towards the back and glue and clamp. never done a roof lining before so you will have to excuse my method .

14. Likesmygasser liked this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 186 of 196 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information