paint the cage first
paint the cage first
need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.
What sort of system are you planning on using for the door windows?
going to have a one piece window in the doors. they are all ready converted to electric. body is once again back of for the last time before being welded on next weekend. finishing up the welding around the rear side windows and the exhaust outlets.
was going to degutter the roof but have opted to keep it as is but changed it up a little by extending the them down to meet the body, i feel it just looks more finished. the doors will also be reshaped around the gutters once they are gapped
the last time i did the car it had fiat punto locks( on a smooth door) and a recess in the rear wing to aid opening,
this time it all will be smoothed off and it will have alfa rear door handles in the rear side windows.
alot of progress has been made this week, trying to keep the project moving forward every week. some of the bits which are being done now will save time later. i also am now looking into the lpg conversion so i have a good idea as to where i can locate all the bits so i can keep the engine bay tidy.
Last edited by chop top mk2; 25-05-2014 at 21:14.
Taking big strides which is good. I'm bogged down with loads of ****ty little jobs ATM so it's nice to see you making good progress. Keep at it
made a lot of progress over the last couple of days, so much so that the body is now ready to be welded on so its going on tomorrow night. feels like another big step forward.
foz your making great work of your build , its moments like these stuck on all the ****ty bits were you just got to push on and before you know it its done.
bit more progress today, body is now fully welded onto the frame.
also had a go at putting the window frame back on the doors, turned out to be easier than i thought it would.
thought the rear wheels might be tough to get off without dropping the top mount of the shock but theres just enough room for them to come of, its a two man job but at least they do come off .
This is coming on really well, some clever touches in it too.
I'm looking forward to seeing the Alfa door handle treatment - clever.
thanks blackpopracing, been in the plans for awhile the alfa door handles.
things are a bit slow at the moment as i have to sort the bead roller before i can start the floors. as others have said on here the bead roller i brought flex when in use, but i did not think that it would be that bad. almost to the point it was un usable . so to amend this have had to get on it and beef it up.
so heres what i have come up with.
used 5mm thick wall 2" box welded to the 10mm plate , welded on a 3" leg and 10mm thick base plate ( it dont flex now ). rolled up a 2 foot dia hoop, welded in some spokes onto the original handle boss and hey presto it works a treat. still need to add a spring to lift the top shaft and to add some sort of guide.
once i am happy with how it works will get it powder coated so it looks finished and then i can start the floors, more soon
I've got a cast iron one with only a 4" throat (sounds rude) which is brilliant aprt from the fact you're limited to 4"!! They really do finish the job and add lots of stiffness (oo, another innuendo) but even with my floor pans it still flexes and "tin lids" when you get in and out (or weeble in and out in my case)
plan to get a bit arty with the beading, so a few more dies landed today which will help.
still a couple more bits to come and then i can start beading
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)