"Christine", my Morris Minor ute
Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Melbourne Australia(the land of 4 seasons in a day)
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

"Christine", my Morris Minor ute

Dont know if I ever put this up,its not really a big deal and I've been very slow with getting on with it for a number of reasons,its one of those projects that sit in the back yard and you just keep comming back to it from time to time until one day I hope it will be finished. It doesnt look much yet but you should have seen it when I first got it,basically it was free and that was paying too much,it was in a million pieces and the lower 6inches of every panel was either rusted or did not exist at all and all I got for my troubles was a chassis,rear suspension,3/4 of a cab,not including the rusty stuff that was missing so it has been beg,borrow and scrounge.
    Suspension is standard,chassis repaired,rebuilt and painted,cab fitted with new floors,sills,cab back panel,A pillars welded,B pillars replaced with those from a 4 door sedan,Toyota 4K (1.3) engine,4 spd gearbox but I have a 5 spd ready to go in once its on the road,rebuilt front stock suspension,pump up air shocks on rear and a hand built pickup bed.Still using the standard floor mounted pedals at present but may change to swing pedals later,I have some here ready to play with.
    Unfortunately a lot of the build pics have been lost but I will put up what I have and try to keep it up to date a bit. As I said,work on it stops and starts because I also have a 100E Prefect and an Australian produced 1951 4 door Prefect but I haven't really stared on these as of yet as I moved on my last project due to the devil rust becomming much to big a job for me but a very experienced body builder has taken it on and is building it into a rally car,anyway,will try to get some pics on now.Apologies,afraid there are even fewer pics than I thought,will go out and get some more current to add shoutly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    gotta love a ute ! - get out there and take some more pics for us = be great to see what the whole car looks like.

didn't realise that you were into moggys in oz - a fine vehicle

keep it up !

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Duplicate,contents deleted
    Last edited by jimmy-d; 11-07-2015 at 10:12. Reason: duplicate

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's actually a lot of moggy lovers here in Aus., check out OZMORRIS or Morrisdownunder for a couple of sights.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never really been a fan of the floor mounted pedals on the Morry so have changed them to swinging pedals on most of my previous projects,going to do the same with this one but I am going to make the assembly up myself,from scratch. Starting with a set of pedals,cut down,from a KE70 Corolla,then making a pedal box out of 6mm X 100mm flat strap. Im using the 6mm to get as much strength as possible but will then be lightening it where possible with the drilling of holes etc to remove whatever unnecessary weight there may be in various places. Currently my clutch is cable operated so building it for that operation but also so that it can be altered later to fit a master cylinder,the brake pedal will be connected to a dual circuit master cylinder BUT they will all be reverse mounted and located under the dash,I may use remote reservoirs but it will be just as easy to use the standard reservoirs as I think there will be enough room above,or through the glovebox lids to fill/top up as required.Have the plans in my head so will put some pics up when I start,so far have just cut the pedals to approx. length.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Construction of the swing pedal assembly is under way,got a bit to do yet but just a couple of early pics. Due to height limitations under the dash I may not be able to do the reverse swing that I had planned,depends on what cylinder I can get hold of,will probably have to be remote reservoirs or it can go on the firewall like usual,will have to wait and see.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just a small quick update,still moving but slowly,mechanicals basically done,now for bodywork,maybe a few small custom touches,undecided yet but really just need to get on and see where it leads me. Anyway,for those who dont remember or dont want to search,mid 50's ute,toyota 4K engine and 4 speed but have a 5 speed waiting to go in.Morris Major brakes front and rear,may change to discs on front,guess that will do for now,post again later when there is more news.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi again,well Im still moving along slowly with this,sometimes wonder if I will ever finish it,I have a real affection for the old girl but other things seem to keep getting in the way but hope to get there one day.Thought I was nearly up to doing some decent body work but have made a few changes again,the biggest one is the rear guards,was never really happy with them so this is version 4 I think and I may finally be happy. Anyway,will just throw up a few pics till next time.Pete

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just a small update,not really a lot of visual changes,just plodding away. Finished "roughing" in the guards and temporarily mounted up till next stage and making the old Morris speedo enclosure fir the corolla speedo mechanism,slowly slowly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information