Now a BIVA Build dlonamow(oldwoman)'s Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    looks good keep on at it ive been doing mine for 12-13 years

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Melbourne Australia(the land of 4 seasons in a day)
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Onwards we go,still plodding! Have fitted sound insulation to the interior of the cab and have started to finish off the rear guards,bog,prime,etc,bought a VH44 brake booster that I will probably just fit to the front brake circuit as I have dual circuit system,may have to add a proportioning valve,will have to wait for road test to see.About to get started on finishing the brakes,am running 9inch Morris Major front and rear and have had the shoes rebonded and ready to be fitted. Have made a small alteration to the backing plates of the Major brakes so that I can use Minor slave cylinders,required a small amount of filing but not much,all brake lines are brand new.Have interior seats from a Suzuki Swift but have removed the headrests as everyone knows,space is very limited in a ute,lucky Im not particularly tall.Think I will have to refit an electronic fuel pump,I did have one but it packed up so I removed it but have bought a new one to replace it,not really necessary except that when I have not started it for a while the fuel drains back and it takes ages to kick over so this will sort that issue.Have also fitted a custom grill panel badge but having issues remembering how to load pics here so if I can sort it I will put a few up but keep in mind that the car is named "Christine" and think along those lines.Ok,enough for now,just wanted to confirm that Im still alive and the project is still kicking. Regards to all,Pete.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Am trying to upload some pics so lets see what happens.Cant seem to figure what Im doing wrong,when I open the upload new images box,it opens fine except that there is no visible button for upload new image,it is blank in that box and only the cancel upload box is present,what is wrong,me or my computer?
    Ok maybe I have it sorted,seems to be a problem with Adobe on my computer. Lets try this,it is a pic of my grill.

5. Likes steve1275 liked this post
  6. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone,well Im still here but life thru a few hurdles in my face,still recovering quietly from a wee heart attack that put a bit of a spanner in the works and then of course all the life issues that go along with "LIFE" so although Christine is still on the go,she has not had a lot of attention,a bit of fiddling in the cab and in the process of rebuilding the rear axle,bearings,brakes etc etc. I had hoped to be near done with her by now but hasnt happened but will keep at it,afraid there are no updated pics but will work on that.Regards Pete.

8. Likes steve1275, dlonamow(oldwoman) liked this post
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Been working away at a few bits and pieces,new frontal treatment and interior panels for upholstery.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all,just a quick update,Chrissy got sold of as an incomplete project due to the fact that the further I progressed the more I realised that I was never going to be happy with her current configuration.It was just to tight and cramped for me to drive comfortably so,although I will miss her, it seemed silly to continue the build.So,Chrissy is gone but Im still working on a 2 door coupe that should suit my needs better,will start a new page for it elsewhere,thanks for following to this point.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information