Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have always loved Consul Capris. When I was looking to buy one over 10 years ago and had the money I couldn't find one I was happy with, I looked at some real sheds but even with the good ones there was always something not right with bodywork repairs, filler etc etc. They seemed big issues to me at the time and put me off buying but now they would be little issues except now I can't afford one at all.
    I now wish I'd bought 2 or 3 of those sheds and kept them! They really are a fantastic shape. Hard to believe they just didn't hit the spot with the buying public at the time.
    Its good to see another Consul Capri in the build threads though. Keep posting the pics of the bodywork. Will be following this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like stevie.t rebuild I'm taking two steps forward and one back, pretty disheartening but pushing on. The wings I had made were passed on as they didn't fit the car. Now purchased some old wings that have never been welded but have rot and fixing them to the car and then rebuilding them as Kev suggested before. we found the front valance if wonky i.e. there's a 1/4 inch difference in distance from door pillar to the head light housing so its got to come off and be remounted.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been sometime since I posted an update. After huge amounts of tears and frustration, most of the reproduction panels I bought were thrown out because they weren't up to scratch, so most of the metal work has been formed from scratch. We were having real difficulty getting the swage lines to match up until I was incredibly lucky to come across two original and unused ford Consul Capri Wings, which must be the first time in many years a pair of wings like this has turned up, however I had to pay the going price for them Once we had the wings things started to come together quite quickly, and now we are at the stage of minor adjustments before paint prep. My mates paint booth has been pulled down and he is erecting a Todd engineering spray booth. My mate is raving about this spray booth???? he reckons I should be very excited about my car being sprayed in it?????. Anyway, spraying will probably take place later this year, or beginning of the New Year.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Compulsive chicken choker English Impala's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks nice, I know what you mean about repro panels, some should be classed as "looking vaguely similar to the original" rather than being classed as "reproduction". Lucky break with the front wings!!!

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Keep going!!!!!!!

Lovely cars, and for motivation get CC as there's a bloody STUNNING one on the front cover
    "I'm not going to take this defeatist attitude and listen to all this crap any more from all these people who have nothing except doomsday to predict."
    Carroll Shelby

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    looking good, i wished i could have bought new stuff but its either mega money or not available, iv had some time of to build a house but have a friend doing a some body work for me, so i can get back on it when my new garage is built

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    On my last resto for a friend I ended up making all the panels as well because I wasn't happy with the reroductions

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie.t View Post
    looking good, i wished i could have bought new stuff but its either mega money or not available, iv had some time of to build a house but have a friend doing a some body work for me, so i can get back on it when my new garage is built
    Tell me about it, the financial cost is the greatest British cover up in history, it has to be otherwise the Mrs is gonna chop my dangly bits off

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    So glad my old consul was like new ? I gave away the front wings/bonnet/valance to a good buddy ( Lloyd ) to fit a glass front..bloody fool I was..I'm sure my mate Keith used some filler doing the body ready for paint but 20 tears later I'm sure it's wearing well STU460 ?
    Just a back yard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?

I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    some great work going on here

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information