Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  1
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

The Country man 51 Austin street rod

Might call it a Country woman !!! well we are both getting a lot of changes!!!!! Right serious bit, still working on the VW panel and getting bogged down in filler-------- So started to collect bits for the build, Astra J Watt's style linkage (at £39 cheaper than the new rose joints) and just got 2 front doors . Now I did a daft thing and photo copied a side on pic twice then cut it so that when overlaid it made the door longer (aprox 6ins) and it now looks in proportions , the doors always looked to short to me. Also helps with seating position as was sat behind B post. So now have to lengthen the chassis 6ins and move B post and body back the same amount , staggered cut to floor pan . Decided to "tub" rear, well that's fit wider rear wheels that means chassis narrowing . Unless I go after market the only 17ins wide rims look like Saab 95 ones, 235 40s .
    Front suspension, measured the Omega hubs (found Renault Clio bottom joint fits) and comparing it to the MGB ones previously used the spindle is 1 1/4 ins lower so it looks like bent bottom arms to compensate. Top joint will be a bolt on to A arm going into pinch bolt blind hole in a block welded to a bracket that bolts to top of hub (these are strut hubs) luckily that part of hub is low enough. Found air bag coilovers the right size (bloody expensive) and top A arms will be adjustable of course. One thing I found is hub wheel flange is an inch further in making track narrower , maybe longer A arms .
    Rear is De-Dion suspension, found an axle that will fit (say axle its the tube between hubs) from a Smart of all things. Best bit is where I have my lock up the lad that owns it has just bought a engine/box to put in one and it came with subframe/axle so have one for nowt!!!Recon 6months till I start on it at least, cant wait.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was going to put up some photos but they are stuck in P bucket and the one on my old phone refuses to down load (wtf) , do have an old thread on here under budder if the pics are still there.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Off to the local classic car show tomorrow , you cant beat a brose though a pile of old s**t looking for a gem!!!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Found 2 front lights , recessed Lucas the ones for flat lens. Will work to turn front side lights into indicators with orange bulbs (or LEDS) . Best make them orange as these days folks not used to white front indicators----

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well had a "wonderful " 300 mile round trip to pick up some doors, A14 closed , lots of speed restrictions . still have some fairly sound doors to make into longer ones.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    this thread is useless without pictures!
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mygasser View Post
    this thread is useless without pictures!
    Pics on my old thread, cant log in on my old one so started this one. At the moment nothings happening anyway till the VW panel gets done just collecting bits when I can find them.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    that'll be this one then? https://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/ga...ntryman-178098
    why not ask the mod's to help with the 'budder' login? they won't bite.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's OK as the change of name reflects my change of gender, hot rodding/ modifying myself !!!! Cant leave anything as standard.

12. Likeschaley liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Off work with a bad toe!!! cant wear steel toe caps. got bored so looking for wheels to fit on the rear and some Saab 95 rims will do. 17ins tri Y ones look good and as they will be hidden by the spats TBH any will do with 235/40s to keep gearing the same for the ABS.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information