Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

Lincoln Capri

52K views 312 replies 65 participants last post by  blackpopracing 
#1 · (Edited)
Heres my new rabbit, got lucky with this as its far better than I first thought it would be, its a 54 hardtop that had its roof removed quite crudely but I hope to rectify that in time, good news is its completely rust free!, its also had all its running gear gone through and unlike some imports Ive had dealings with its all been done to a very very good standard and apart from some worn switches I dont think anything needs redoing mechanicly or wiring wise, eng/box are very sweet and lites the tyres easy as, plans for it are not set in stone but a slice here,there and everywhere will be involved but without chopping the chassis about as it needs to be my driver/tow car foremost. If there is one thing I have learned over the years, is that you need to do what FEELS right to YOU. I have been working on my radical kustom project (Telstar) for a long time...and I cannot begin to tell you how many times I have made changes...it has evolved more than I could have ever imagined. Just ask yourself this question: Does the car excite me EVERY time I look at it,,,,AND from EVERY angle?....if the answer is no..then you have more work to do. Just my two cents...hope it helps in some way. James Laga

See less See more
#175 ·
got some done on the rear end, beefed up the chassis a bit for the tow hitch thats hidden behind the bumper, also got both doors fully opening/closeing at a touch of a button! (well wire on batt at the min) got vid of them working but havent got a clue how to post it.................................................................

#182 ·
296moon - It is really interesting to see how you put all these pieces back together. :cool:

… also got both doors fully opening/closing at a touch of a button! (well wire on batt at the min) got vid of them working but havent got a clue how to post it...
Is the video on your camera/phone?

Or have you upload it to somewhere like YouTube?

If it is on YouTube, then when the video is playing there will be some code near the top of the screen.

Something like this…

Which you can then copy and paste into a post on here and the link to the video will be "live".

Note:
The video link above is about 'Golden Sahara II' which has some similarities to your build.

Good luck, Paul. :)

#196 ·
I never intended to run air as wanted to keep it fiftys BUT I must admit to looking at the shock inside the bag type to replace the front coils, and have already fitted a split prop to lower the leaf rear so it may happen..............................................:smoke:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.